Ch 7• Sayōnara

Months later

I was woken up by mei, another servant here." Y/n wake up, head master shimada wants to talk to you." I crack my eyes open, my vision a bit blurry.

"Ok" I get out of bed, then getting out to bathe.

--

"Head master?" I peak my head through the screen doors. He notices me, offering me a seat at the table. I nod sitting down on my knees.

"Y/N, I need you to do something. I ask you to go downstairs and prepare a breakfast for Genji and his fiancé for his birthday."

"O-ok."

---

I've been cooking for 2 hours, I was exhausted. My back ached and my head felt like it was being crushed between boulders.

Me and mei carry the food to the table, placing the excessive amount of dishes on the table." Korera no hitobito wa dore kurai taberu nodesu ka?" I say under my breath. Mei giggles at my remark.

"Don't worry y/n, you can rest in a few." She pats my back. We continue to work until they come down to eat their meal.

---

I notice Genji coming downstairs, he smiles at me as he approaches his 'fiancé'
They hug, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. My face turned red from frustration.

"Y/n, are you ok darling? Do you have a fever?"

"I'm fine mei- san, but thank you for your concern." I give her a smile of reassurance.

Mei and I helped clean up the table as they ate. A couple times Genji and I would make eye contact, and he would smile at me. Which made me blush profusely, just the way he looked at me with his soft and caring eyes, or his how he spoke sweetly to me. As well as the gentle touch of him.

And those sweet moments we'd share. Where we'd stare at each other intently into one another's eyes. Yet it wasn't weird or awkward, but comforting. Like there no words to say, but silence was able to express everything in our heart.

I-I love Genji.

Where would I go when he leaves to get married?

What would I do?

----

I clean the last dish, conversation can still be heard behind me. Being the nosey person I am, I listen to their conversation as I proceed to clean.

"Genji, you wouldn't happen to be in a relationship already would you?"

"No, he's not." His father stops Genji from speaking. But instead speaks for him.

The other man speaks up, amusement plastered on his face." Well, it's settled. Genji, Hinata I'll allow you two to go on your date."

D-date?

----
Genjis pov

"So what should we do first, ai?"

She looks up at me, as she hugs my arm. Annoyance and frustration clearly written on my face.

"You've got to be kidding me, you seriously can't be thinking about that servant are you?! I saw the way you 2 looked at each other, I honestly don't see how you could love someone like her." She crosses her arms, if she says one more thing I wouldn't hesitate to leave her stranded in the middle of no where.

"You'll just have to face the fact that even if you get rid of me, don't know how that'll work. But if you do manage, your father won't accept the fact you want to marry your servant. Honestly, it's pathetic." I harshly grab her wrist," y/n is not pathetic."

I spat each of those words in her face. She laughs a bitter, harsh laugh." And you're defending her, how cute." Her lips form a sly smirk.

"Anata ga jigoku de moeru koto o negatte imasu."

----
Y/n pov

Genji storms back into the dojo, anger flushed over his face. I approached him, "Genji are you ok?" He pulls my wrist with enough force to make it red." G-Genji you're hurting me." My voice was shaky.

He lets go, just realizing what he had done. He backs away slowly, "y/n, I-I'm sor-ry." I run up to him, wrapping my arms around his torso." Genji, tell me what's wrong."

---

We go outside to a garden full of Sakura trees. We sit down under the tallest tree, hand in hand. It's silent, but not awkward at all, he's hesitant but proceeds to explain.

"Y/n I am at a crossroads, I want to make my father proud. Though I don't want to marry the women he wants me to." I nod at everything he tells me, letting him know that I'm listening and that I care.

"I am lost, I do not wish to anger my father."

We sit in silence, the only that can be heard is the wind hitting against the leaves of the trees.

I care so much for Genji, but if I truly love him. I'm willing to make sacrifices.

I let go of his hand." Genji, marry hinata."

"Wh-what?"

I close my eyes, not baring to make eye contact as the next thing I would do would be tough.

"Please, marry her. I don't want your father to hate you, and plus. I'm positive your father and hinata have good intentions."

"Y/n what are you doing?"

Pools of tears form in his eyes.

"Ever heard of the phrase ' if you love someone, let them go' well, that's what I'm doing right now. "

I couldn't hold back my tears, and neither could Genji.

"Sayōnara watashi no ai"

Euphoria  ( Genji x reader )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें