Ch 11• new begginings

Returning home, the house is dimly lit. Fumbling with the keys on my keychain, I find the key that corresponds to the lock on the door. Inserting it, the door creeks as I take off my shoes placing them on the burgundy mat."Auntie?" I call out, my voice echoing through the house.

I give a slight eye roll, hearing soft snoring coming from her room. Heading to my own room, my computer screen turns on. Text is shown on the screen, incoming call: Hana Song. I gasp, jumping up and pressing the accept option. On the other side of the call sat an ecstatic Hana, "y/n!!" She yelled, causing my ears to ring.

Currently, Hana was serving in the Korean military. And by what she has told me, she enjoys it. She wasn't doing anything major, mostly patrolling and training. I've always wanted to do the same, to make a difference in someone's life. Like overwatch, I looked up to them. Strong soldiers, confident in themselves and those around them. Fighting for what they believed in.

I giggled,"Hey Hana, you seem extra excited today." She nodded."I just found out I get to test out the military's new mechs!" Her bubbly attitude put a smile on my face, although I was curious. Was she supposed to tell me about the mechs?

"Congrats Hana, I'm proud of you." Giving her a comforting smile, she smiles slightly. Her eyes turning glassy,"What's wrong? Aren't you excited?" I furrow my eyebrows, confused at her sudden change in emotion.

"I am, I just wish you were here." She wipes her eyes with her sleeve, trying to laugh her tears off."Its weird not having my best friend here."

"Don't worry Hana, I'm here. I'm just one call away." She nods, smiling again like before."Thank you y/n, I really appreciate it."
Although being a professional Starcraft playing doesn't seem like talent, Hana had a gift. She's intelligent, which was something I envy about her."Well, I have to go. Goodbye y/n!" Standing up to turn off her computer, I wave goodbye to my best friend over seas.

Exhausted, I crawl into bed and fall asleep.

It's dark, and cold. I look around but no one in sight. A cloud of smoke grows in front me as a figure emerges from it." Hello? Who are you?" The figure wore a mask, resemblant of an owl. Goosebumps covered my body as I became aware of its presence. They laughed, deeply and amused, it was a man.

They were behind me, playing with my hair occasionally touching my neck with their claws." Who are you, what do you want from me?" confusion struck over me, filling my body with a stomach turning sensation.

He walked in front of me but now is mask was off. His eyes were a deep crimson and stared directly into my eyes, staring at him made my pupils dilate.  Wrapping their hands around my neck, I gasped for air attempting to pry their hands from neck. His grip got tighter as my vision turned fuzzy, he put his mouth close to mine and proceeded to drain the life out of me.

I jump out of bed, my heart beating at an dangerously fast pace. My breaths are short and heavy, exhausting me in the process." It's just a nightmare." I try calming myself down, lying down and resting my head on the pillow. I shift to my side, facing towards the window. It was a full moon, they reminded me of.. Genji.

The night he had told me he was getting married was on a full moon. That night permanently sat in my head, I know I should've moved on by now. But it's hard. That night, I felt a stir of emotions sadness, anger, and frustration. Heck even jealousy. But why wouldn't I be?

Imagine loving someone so much, that just being in their presence makes you happy. And they have those same feelings for you, and one day, they're taken away from you. In one fell swoop, it hurts.

But you have to mask those feelings you feel deep inside. Because people will only think of you as weak or clingy. Loneliness doesn't help either, with Hana in the military and Yamato who knows where. There's no way to cope, no one to talk to to understand my feelings. My emotions are at a constant battle with each other, fighting over what screwed up emotion I feel next.

"I need to leave, to find peace not only with others but myself as well." I change out of my clothes and pack my valuables in a small backpack. Grabbing a piece of paper and a pencil on my way to the kitchen. I sit down, my hand shaking as it makes contact with the paper.

Dear auntie,
Before you freak out I haven't been kidnapped. Im leaving because I need to find peace with myself, and those around me. I've gone through so much and have felt a stir of emotions here in Japan. I feel me leaving will be for the better, for me to start over again. I know you would have wanted me to tell you that things have been bothering me, but I couldn't. I'm sorry.
- y/n

I place the note on the table, and check to make sure I have everything I needed. When my parents died, their money inherited to me. So I could choose anywhere to start over. I stood in front on the house, somehow managing not to bawl my eyes out."Goodbye auntie, I love you."

I walked into town, it was quite. Only few people were as crazy as me to be in town at 4 in the morning. I walked to a bus stop, and waited. When it arrived, I stepped on." Where to miss?" I sighed," Hanamura airport please." He nodded and I handed him my money." Aren't you a little young to be going to the airport this early in the morning?" I took my seat, and looked up to make eye contact with the bus driver in the mirror.

I was a lost for words, I simply sighed and shook my head. He closed the bus doors and started to drive. I leaned my head against the window, a tear fell down my cheek as I clutched the pendant on my necklace.

Oi! It's finally done. It's taken so long to write this chapter, but i hope you enjoyed it. Thank you soooo much for reading this story, ily all

Instagram: vyerimeia