•Ch 14•

I cracked my eyes open, my vision blurry. Beeping from the hospitals equipment was only noise to be heard. I looked around the room, and down at my body. I felt week, and frail, as If in any moment if someone were to touch me. I'd break.

I slightly whimpered in pain as I attempted to sit up. The doors to my room open, a woman walks in. Looking over in my direction her eyes light up. I furrow my eye brows, curious at her actions. She yells in the hallway," She's awake!" Gasps and footsteps flood through the hallway, and a woman in a long blue coat walks in.

She picks up hand and holds it in hers." I though we'd lost you back there." She chuckles to lighten the mood. I shyly smile, as the rest of the people are shooed out the room. A man with a blue coat approaches me, and sits in a chair besides my bed.

"Where did you come from? Who are you?" He interrogates me with questions of my personal life, which puts me out my comfort zone." Jack, be easy I her. It seems she been through a lot." I nod in response to her statement. He stands up from the chair," When you're ready, we can talk about it." He leaves, the doors close behind him.

Captain amari places her hand on my shoulder." I'll go get doctor Ziegler." I nodded, looking down at my lap as she left the room shortly after.

~~~~~~~~
{ 5 months later}

I've stayed here with overwatch for about 5 months now, I wish I could say life was perfect, but it was far from that. An omnic attack on Kings Row broke out. So all the agents had been busy with sending people out to prevent it. I, on the other hand. Stayed and helped Dr. Ziegler.

I sat in her office and cleaned around the equipment. She had been observing me," Dr? Is something wrong?" She broke out of thought and shook her head." You may not want to talk about it, but could I ask where you're from and exactly why you were in Nepal?"

I sighed, sitting on a bed and patting the spot beside me." Where do I begin?" I told her everything, about every tear I shed every person I'd lost. Everything.

"He seems wonderful, I'm sorry that happened to you." I nodded at her response to my life's story." If only I could see him one last ti-" the conversation broke when yells and cries for help were heard from the hall.

The immediate response was to look outside. Nearly ran over, someone was rolled into dr Ziegler's office and all the weight of this strangers survival was placed into her hands.

He was placed into surgery, though little hope was there he'd live. I helped her through the ordeal, assisting her by giving the coresponding tools she'd needed. Every cut and stich into his body made him groan and yell weakly in pain.

I got a glance of his face, and my body tensed.

What was once a blank canvas had been ruined with cuts and bruises. What had once been a hopeful boy an ambitious mindset and a heart of gold, was so brutally stripped from him in the swift motion of a blade.

I placed my hand on his cheek, a tear or two falling from my eyes to his forehead.
"Y/n what are you doing?! Don't just stand there!"

"Genji"