Ch 8• old friends

I walk into the castle, tears streaming down my face as I approached the headmaster. I tap his shoulder, interrupting the conversation he was having with the leader of the Ōkami clan.

"What is it you need, y/n?" He crosses his arms, furrowing his brow at my constant crying.

"Thank you for providing me for a shelter, but I'm afraid that I must leave. Right now."

He nods, slightly confused as why I abruptly needed to leave permanently.

"If you insist." He steps aside allowing me to go upstairs.

I walk upstairs, not not actually needing to get my belongings as I had none. And the only cloths I had were provided for me. I walk to meis door, listening for her to walk to the door.

Moments after she opens the door, noticing my distraught expression on my face." Y/n, are you ok?" I sigh look back downstairs to see Genji with the same distraught look." I'm leaving."

"Wha-why?"

" I feel as if I'm distracting Genji from his fathers wishes." She puts her hands on top of mine." But you two looked so happy, why so glum all of a sudden?"

"Mei, he's getting married. But because of me, he doesn't want to."

She nodded, completely understanding of the situation I was in.

"Wait stay here." She gets up, going to a small Woden box a looking through it. She pulls out a small silver locket and sits down next to me again.

She places it in my hands." Take this, to remember us at least. " I inspect the locket closely. It had the Shimada clan dragons on it. I smiled, putting the necklace one.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." She exchanges me a smile and a hug before I leave this place permanently, but yet it made me happy leaving. Knowing the person I had deep feelings for was going to be happy.

I begin to walk downstairs, stopping to say goodbye to one last person. I knock, waiting for a response." Hey Hanzo, I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave." I smile weakly, he furrows his eyebrows." Leaving, why are you leaving?"

"I feel as if I'm distracting Genji from fulfilling your fathers wish for him. To get married to hinata."

He nods the same way mei did, but in a more confused rather than understanding nod.

"I am sorry you have to leave, you make my brother so happy. But you have good intentions."

He smiles at me, I smile back as I say goodbye and give him an awkward hug.

---

Getting downstairs, I notice Genji. He was an absolute mess. He had tears streaming down his face, my face turned red and felt as if it were burning.

"Y/n please don't leave." I close my eyes tightly, turning on my heels to meet eye to eye with Genji. His face was stained with his own tears, as well as being as having a pinkish tint to it. Telling me he had been crying... a lot.

"Genji, I have to. My time here is over, I-I'm sorry." Before I leave, I kiss Genji on the cheek keeping my lips on his cheek for a couple seconds, his skin felt hot to the touch. I try to get out a smile." Good bye Genji, and maybe in a later life we will meet again. I promise." I turn around towards the entrance of the castle.

"Goodbye, Genji."

The guards left me out, and I walked into town. I took a breath of fresh air as walked through town, feeling free. I looked around, feeling a presence behind me I turned around. The people behind me were no strangers, but friends.

"Y/n is that you?" Before me stood Hana and Yamato, I engulf them in a hug relieved I had seen them." I've missed you guys so much."

"Where were you? We've been worried sick. We thought you'd committed suicide after your parents parrished." A few tears trickled down my face." I would never do that, you guys are too important to me."

------

"Hana, is there a possibility I can stay at your house for a while? I kinda have no money and nowhere to go."

"Of course, but if you don't mind us asking. Where have you been this entire time?"

I sigh, sitting down on a bench a couple feet away. I tell them the story and try to fight back tears but I don't budge. I bury my face in the crook of Hana's neck and cry, it hurt to think about but it felt good to let it out.

Minutes passed, and it was silent. But the company of Hana and Yamato made up for it." Guys, can we please go? I'm getting kinda tired." The nodded their heads, and we stood up and walked to Hana's house.

We walked in, the atmosphere was warm and inviting. And I instantly felt at home.

"Kon'nichiwa" I waved to her parents, who were making food in the kitchen. Even though Hana was Korean, they preferred to be greeting in Japanese. I take me shoes off before stepping on the carpet.

"Y/n? Is that you?" She turned her head in my direction, smiling. Mrs. Song was like another mom to me, and now that I have no mom. She's like an only mom to me.

I hugged her, and it felt nice having the comfort of a parent around." Where were you? What happened? What are you wearing?" I looked down, realizing I had still been wearing a yokata from earlier this morning." Oh I forgot I'm wearing this, but I'll have to tell you later. It's quite a long story." She smiles rubbing my shoulder, Hana standing behind me motioning me towards her bedroom. I bow, then proceed to follow Hana.

She hands me some clothes to wear. And offers me a bath. I gladly accepted and filled up the tub to take a nice warm bath.

My body exposed to coldness of the room, I step into the filled up bath tub. I think about the decisions I've made in my life to end up here. One thought particularly always coming to mind. Genji.

I sigh, placing my head in my hands. Letting thought take me over.

--

Hey guys! Sorry I've only posted small things on this book that have nothing to do with it. But while I was still working on this chapter, I still wanted to post something.

So I will be trying to update often, things like school just get in the way. But I'll try to post at least once a week.

Thank you so much for support/ feedback on my story!! Bye, and hope you enjoyed the chapter❤️❤️