Ch 10• letters

{1 year later}

I wandered around the markets in Hanamura, astonished as the beautiful pieces of art and pottery. I graze my hand hand over a clay pot that had a cherry blossom pattern.

From the corner of my eye, I notice cheers coming from the townspeople. I peek out of the small shop to see what the ruckus was.
"What's going on out there?"

The elderly woman running the shop chuckles," they are celebrating a wedding." Hm, I've never seen a wedding celebrated in such a manner.

"Must be nice to be in love, huh?"

"What are you talking about, you must be in a relationship. Such a beautiful young woman."

I smile," unfortunately, no. But thank you!"

~~

I pick out a couple of postcards, and get on my way back home. Walking back, I feel a presence behind me." Y/n?" I turn on my heels. I meet face to face with hanzo.
"Hanzo? How are you?"

He smiles," I'm doing well. By the way you look, you seem to be doing well yourself." He awkwardly laughs scratching the back of his neck. My cheeks turn a slight pinkish color ." I'm doing well myself, I guess." I smile.

"That's good, glad to see you're happy.i would stay and catch up, but I'm busy at the moment, I'll have to be going now." He waves goodbye, when something pops in my head.

"Wait hanzo!" I catch his attention, turning around in my direction."is Genji happy?"
There was a slight moment of silence," he is the happiest I've seen him in a while. I think you really opened his eyes to a better perspective of the marriage."

"That's good, thank you hanzo." I smile.
He nods, walking back into a gated area.

~~~~~
{Hanzo's pov}

Walking back through the gates, Genji approachs me." Hanzo, where have been? Do you think you can just leave whenever you want to?" He crosses his arms.

I scoff, Genji wasn't at all taking this wedding seriously. I swear that ōkami had brainwashed him, he spent his time nearly devoting himself to hinata. It saddens me, only a year ago he had found true love. He had someone who cared for him, who left to make him happy. And now only a year later, he's forgotten her. Her sacrifices for him to be happy.

"What has gotten into her you brother? Hinata is ruining you."

"She is not ruining me! You don't know what true love is." He scoffs, making intense eye contact with me.

"Y/n would be disappointed in you!"

His face dropped, I know he didn't want to admit it. A part of him still loved y/n.

He sighs," whatever."

~~~
{y/n pov}

As much as I hated to admit it, I missed Genji. They say I made him happy, but he made me happier. So many emotions are going through by body, I want to feel happy for him, and I am. But fragment of me hates to see him with another woman.

But I made a promise. That the ōkami clan had good intentions for him, which I still believe. They wanted him to marry her so he could protect her while his dad fought in a war.

I get home, which I now live with my aunt now." Auntie, I'm home." Taking off my shoes at the door I walk to my room. Sitting on my bed, I look around my room noticing a small chain glimmering. I get up and pick it up. The charm was 2 dragons intertwined with each other. Mei gave me this necklace, as a remembrance of the Shimada's.

I get up and grab a paper from my stationary, and begin writing a letter.

Dear Genji,
It's been a while hasn't it? I know your marriage has happened and I felt the need to say congratulations. I know you didn't choose to get married, but nonetheless you have someone in your life who cares for you. And who you should care about just as much. I told you they had good intentions for you.
Take care of her ok?
Love,
Y/n

I smile while reading over the letter. Placing it in an envelope and writing To: Genji, From: y/n. I go to mail the letter, but do they even have a mailbox? " I'll deliver the letter myself."

I still remembered the directions to their castle. Walking with the letter in my hand, I reach my destination. Guards stand outside the gates, and I approach them." Excuse me, where do you think you're going." I sigh,
"Don't worry I don't need anything. I'm just here to deliver a letter. To Genji." The man furrows his eyebrows, and slightly nods.

{Genjis pov}

"Genji, sir." I turned around, one of the gates guards approached me. He reached his hand out, and handed me a letter." Who's this from?" I furrow my eyebrows," a girl came by, wanting to give the letter to you." I nod, shooing him away.

I read the text on the envelope, the name catching my eye." Hm?" I split open the envelope, a letter peeking through. Reading the letter, my stomach drops. The letter was was thoughtfully and beautifully written, i guess she really had a gift for writing.

The last two words of the letter made my breath hitch. 'Love, y/n.'

I sigh," I love you too y/n." I close my eyes, holding the note to my chest.

~~
Psst...psst

Have you read the first chapter of in the midst of war? Cause you totally should. :3