Ch 6• euphoria

"W-what did you call me?"

His cheeks turned pink as he stood there flabbergasted.

"What? I was told to call you that." I shrug.

"Uh, ok." He returns back to getting dressed. I giggle, staring up at the ceiling.

---

The rest of the day, I was constantly being called downstairs. I finally have my own room, closer to the other servants and farther away from the brothers.

It's not as bad as it sounded when I was first assigned this 'chore?' I don't know what to call it. But maybe it's just because it's the brothers, who I am more comfortable with. And thankfully, I don't have to bathe them.

-----

"Oh, hi y/n- chan." I look up from what I was doing, to meet eyes with genji." Oh, hi genji." I smile at him, carrying the tray with empty cups to the kitchen.

Genji swoops in, picking up the tray from underneath it." Hey!" I watch him as he places it on the counter top, for someone else to clean." Come on, I wanna show you something." He pulls my wrist, guiding me to a small garden with a balcony that Overlooks the city.

I press my hands against the railing, staring in awe at the beautiful view." Beautiful, isn't it?" I nod, still engrossed in the amazing view in front of me.

"Y/n, can I tell you something?"
The tone of his voice going from calm to shaky.

"Y-yeah, is everything ok?

"I- uh i-m getting... married."

"What?" My lips quiver, making it hard to talk.

His eyes get glassy, small pools of tears forming in his eyes.

"The night the Ōkami clan came, that's when I found out. But I was to s-scared to tell you."

The other night
(In genjis pov)

I rush down to the room to be greeted by brother and father. They stood side by side, their hands behind their back.

I go next to my father, placing my hands behind my back as well. The leader of the Ōkami clan and his daughter approaches, me and Hanzo bow.

"Hanzo, Genji, meet Hinata." The girl which whom I never meet before stands there, and stares at me. She had long dark brown hair, as well as a small figure.

"Kon'nichiwa" we say simultaneously.

We sit down at the table, shimada's on one side and Ōkami on the other.

---

We eat peacefully, occasionally we speak. Mostly of our clan.

"Genji." The leader calls my name, I look up meeting eyes with him.

"Listen, I know you are very much busy with training and such, but I would like to ask for a life promise. I'm going to Korea with my men to fight a battle that is well reserved. I ask that you protect my daughter as I might not make it out alive."

I drop my chopsticks, they emerge in the bowl of soup." What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows, confused on what he was trying to tell me.

He sighs,

"Marry my daughter."

I choke, the words replay in my head. I'm not ready for marriage, much less with a person whom I barley know.

"Y-yes sir."

---

"So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know." He looks down, closing his eyes.

I lift his chin, I stare into his eyes as he stares into mine. He slowly leans in, cupping my cheek and connects his lips with mine. We stood there, embracing one another in each other's arms.

We've had our ups and downs.

Though we've barley talked.

I can't imagine not having him by my side.

I swear, this boy gives me serious euphoria.

---

It kinda sounds like that's the end of the book, buts it's not!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, it was fun to write 💕💕