Chapter 1

A/N: WHAT AMAYA MIKAN LOOKS LIKE ^^^^^^^^^^

Amaya's POV

I woke up to the annoying shrill of my alarm clock and dragged my feet to the bathroom attached to my bedroom, somehow remembering to take my clothes with me. I arrived in Tokyo yesterday and am officially starting school today, at Touou Academy. I've heard that Aomine and Momoi come here too, and I wonder if they've changed. "Aya, breakfast is ready!" I hear my mother call. "Coming!" I call back and I look in the mirror, adjusting my uniform and brushing out my black hair (with blue highlights) before sliding down the stair rail. "Aya, you really shouldn't do that, you could fall." My dad says, coming up to me and ruffling up my hair. "Go get em tiger." He says with a grin and I grin back. "Thanks dad. I sure will." I say and he leaves the house. I have another half hour or so before my limo arrives.

Honestly, I know today is going to be a huge hassle. It always is when I meet someone new now. Don't get me wrong, I love that my career has taken off great, but I do want to be treated normal at school...I finish my plate and place it in the sink, thanking my mom before grabbing my bag on the way out. I look back at the mansion and compare it to the house on the far road. I sweatdrop as I realise that we probably stand out the most...Oh well, can't be helped. What, with my dad's business career going great, my singing career going great, and my mom's acting career going great, we're bound to be more wealthy than others, I suppose.

The limo arrives and I climb in. I wave goodbye to my mom and tell the driver my destination. Without another word, we're off to Touou Academy. I waited and waited for what seemed like an eternity and eventually got bored of waiting in a traffic jam. "Forget this. Can you get my motorcycle out from the back." I say and the man next to me (not the driver) does so. I bid them both goodbye and hop onto the bike. I lost the helmet ages ago, but I won't need it. Probably.

I rode through the line of cars and reached Touou Academy with 10 minutes left before class starts. I park my jet-black motorcycle near the school gates, getting everyone's attention as they crowd over the new kid. "AMAYA MIKAN! AMAYA MIKAN IS ACTUALLY HERE! CAN I GET A PICTURE?! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH!? WILL YOU DATE ME!? OMG!? IS THIS A DREAM!?" The students went and I love my fans, but I think I've gone deaf. This goes on for another 9 minutes before I turn the engine back on to shut everyone up. "Yo, I'm gonna be here for a while so I would prefer if you didn't make such a huge fuss about it and just treated me like a normal school girl." I say and they all smile and grin and continue to shout but normal stuff this time. The be rang and everyone went to class. I smiled and went along to my class. I walk in and stand by the teacher's desk, scanning the pupils in the room, noticing a certain tanned guy staring at me, in shock.

"Everyone, this is our newest student, Ama-..." The teacher starts before she stops reading the sheet in front of her and turns to look at me. "Amaya...Mikan..." She says. I turn to everyone and smile. "Hello. Please treat me like a normal student and I hope we all get alone well." I say and the teacher tells me, "You can go and sit by Aomine. Aomine, raise your hand so she knows who you are." I look over at Aomine to see him staring at me. He raises his hand lazily and I go and sit to his left. Luckily, I got a seat by the window so I can space out if I want.

The day goes on pretty normal and eventually, it's break. Aomine turns to me and says, "Since when did you stop calling me 'Ki-chan'?" He smirks at me and I grin back and say, "Since you thought I didn't know who you were already" I look behind him and see Momoi standing at the door of the classroom, looking as shocked as ever. "Well don't just stand there! Come over here, Momoi! I've missed you!" I say and she comes running at me, hugging me. Although, it is really uncomfortable because our bodies are...you know...we're girls. Whatever. "Amaya! When did you get back!? Why did you even leave!? You didn't even tell any of us apart from the day you were leaving! But...you are famous so..." She starts. I smile at her. "I got back yesterday, and sorry for not telling you guys. I just came to a point where basketball was too easy, and everything became pointless. I found singing fun so I decided to give it a shot and I got a record deal. It all sort of went from there." I tell her.

"Well, you're back now! We need to call the others and meet up! And I need to introduce you to a few people!" She says, putting her arm around my shoulder. "You're joining the basketball team, right?" Aomine asks me and I reply, "Hell yeah! I've taken a break from singing and am coming back to basketball. Since it's been a while, I can't be any good at it, right? That'll make it fun!" He smirks at me and slings his bag over his shoulder and the three if us walk. Classes go on, and on, and on. And before we know it, the day's over and the bell rings. "Come on then, Aya. Let's see how bad you've become." Aomine says and we exchange smirks before heading over the basketball court.

Aomine and I have always gotten along with each other even better than he gets on with Momoi. I dunno, there's just a bond between us, something there. And after all this time, it hasn't gone. Momoi and I are practically sisters and are the best of friends. That's why I chose Touou Academy. Because although I have a strong relationship with all of Teiko's basketball team, there's something I can't describe between Aomine and I and Momoi is the only girl from Teiko's basketball team and I know it'll come in handy to have someone to rant to about girl issues sometimes. Well, it seems like nothing at all had changed. We do keep getting stopped by my fan boys and girls but it's okay because they're so sweet, but Aomine seems to get more irritated with every fanboy that comes towards us. I'm pretty sure his glares scared away about 18 by now. This'll be an interesting day.

A/N: THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KUROKO NO BASKET.