Chapter 13

Amaya's POV

Tomorrow's the dance. Momoi asked me to go shopping with her after school today and I agreed. Time skipped by and it was basketball practice by now. Wakamatsu challenged me to all of them against me. I agreed, of course.

We all got changed and came onto the court. It was going to be 4 against one. "She won against six people. And four of them were members of the generation of miracles." Aomine tells Imayoshi, Wakamatsu and Susa. I'm talking to Momoi and she's telling me about the different shades of pink that go with each other. "Okay, we're ready when you are, Amaya." Aomine says and Momoi comes over with the ball. She throws it into the air, blowing the whistle and Aomine and I jumped. I got the ball and as soon as I touched it, I threw it at and shooter a three pointer. Wakamatsu tried to stop it but he jumped too late.

Susa went to get the ball as Imayoshi said, "You had no form, your aim was off and your structure was the worst. How did it go in?" I shrug at him and reply honestly "I dunno. I just do whatever and stuff happens." Aomine face palmed and said "You need a strategy!" I shrug and the game continues. Susa starts dribbling but I run and stop him. He held onto the ball too long so I took it out his hands and ran to the hoop. Aomine tries to stop me but his defence is weak. I easily pass him and shoot a three pointer from the exact three point line.

6-0 within 1 minute and 11 seconds. Imayoshi got the ball and Aomine, Wakamatsu and Susa tried stopping me from running all at once. Creating a triangle around me. Imayoshi was running with the ball and was about the shoot a simple 2 point before I jumped and flipped into the air and towards the hoop. I ran and hit the ball out his hands before he could shoot and I shot a three pointer from there. They all stood there shocked. They probably didn't see my flip. They probably just thought I managed to pass them. Whatever.

I flipped my hair back and picked up the ball. I passed to Susa to let him try to run and he began running. I stop him and as usual, he holds the ball too long so I hit it out his hands and shoot a three pointer again. 12-0 within 2 minutes. "I win." I say, turning to them. Nobody speaks.

Aomine's POV

How did she pass all three of us without us even noticing!? 12-0 in two minutes!? It could've been quicker if she didn't stop to talk. How!?

Momoi's POV

She's like that. Unexpected.

Amaya's POV

The rest of the practice was spent with everyone practicing their skills. Sakurai wasn't here today. Something important came up. Practice ended and as soon as I got changed, Momoi and I went to a formal dress shop. We were looking at the different dresses when a song I knew came on and I quietly sang along.

'Ashes, ashes, time to go down.'

I heard a cough and I turned to see Aomine and Akashi. "Oh hey guys! Momoi! You're boyfriend and Akashi are here!" I say and Momoi comes over. She hands me a dress and tells me to try it on before dragging Aomine off somewhere.

"You should try that on." Akashi says to me. I nod and rush to the dressing room. Once it's on, I notice it's the shortest dress ever. It barely covers my under garments. Its hot pink and the top has gold sparkles on it while the skirt is poofy and layered.

This dress screams Momoi. It doesn't even whisper Amaya. I nervously come out the dressing room to see Akashi, Aomime and Momoi there. Momoi squeals in delight when she sees me and says "That looks great on you!" I have to agree, although I'll end up revealing everything if I do anything but walk. Aomine and Akashi look over too and Aomine says "It looks nice." Akashi doesn't say anything. "I mean, it's nice, but it's too short. If I do anything apart from walk, I'm gonna end up flashing everyone my undergarments. Do you want to try it on? I feel like it'd look better on you." I say to Momoi and she thinks about it for a second before nodding and I change back and give her the dress. She scurries in and I go look for a dress.

I quickly find one that catches my eye and grab a pair of things I find along the way before heading over to the dressing rooms.

I settle on a dress that has a white, tight, cross over top and a golden belt at the waist, leading to a mint high-low skirt that ends at my knees at the front and a few cm above my ankles at the back. There's some mint shorts under it, that can't be seen by anyone unless you actually look under the skirt. I picked out some white knees high boots with fur, a gold bracket and necklace and a mint flower crown. I come out the dressing room at the same time as Momoi and she looks so cute in her pink dress!

"Momoi! You look so cute! Aomine will be getting nosebleeds when he sees you like that at the dance!" I say to her and she replies, "Thanks but YOU look stunning! You're gonna make everyone beg you to dance!" I thank her and we both go to show the guys. They turn to look at us and Aomine looks utterly shocked while Akashi just has his eyes a little wider than usual. "Y-you look great. B-both of you..." Aomine stuters. "Thank you." We both say and look at Akashi. "It looks nice." Akashi says.

We decide to buy the stuff and Aomine and Akashi chose black tuxedoes with a dark blue tie for Aomine and a red tie for Akashi. In the end, Momoi walks home with Aomine and I walk home with Akashi. "I bet you'll be the only girl not wearing pink or red tomorrow." Akashi says. "Well, it says we have to wear pink or red but it didn't say anything about it being clothing. My hair counts." I say back and he says, "I can't believe you were born with natural two toned hair." He says and we continue talking about random stuff before we go our separate ways and say goodbye.

Tomorrow's the day. I wonder how I'm going to make this dance a little more upbeat...