Chapter 15

Akashi's POV

I was outside Amaya's house in the limo. I adjusted my tie before ringing the doorbell. She comes out with her black/reddish hair out and flowing, and she looks stunning in her outfit. I held out my hand, like a gentleman and help her in. "Thanks." She says and we both sit opposite each other. The driver takes off and it's pretty much silent for a while. "You look good, Akashi." Amaya says and I say, "Thank you. You look stunning too." She blushes a little and thanks me. She's so cute. I feel something weird... As we arrive, all eyes are on us as we walk into the hall, our arms linked together. 'That's Akashi Seijuro! With Amaya Mikan!' The not so quiet whispers would just go on and on.

Amaya and I go over to Momoi and Aomine. They're currently having a make out session and Amaya leans in to whisper in my ear "I don't think they'd like us disturbing their little...private time..." I chuckle a little and say, "Good point. Let's go over to the balcony." She agrees and smiles at me. I give her a small smile back and we lean against the rail. "Akashi, we're going to finish high school soon. What college are you going to?" She asks me. "Not sure yet...what about you?" I reply. "Oh, Teiko has opened up a college so I'll be going there." She says. "Really? Well, I guess I'll go there too. I bet everyone else is going there too." I say. We continue to talk and we laugh and joke around.

But that strange feeling from earlier isn't going...

Amaya's POV

Akashi really is cute. "Can I have this dance, Lady Amaya." He says, holding his hand out to me. "Why certainly, Lord Akashi." I reply, playing along and we go inside and start swaying to the music. His hand on my waist and his other in my hand and my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, I'm kind of bored of this..." I say after around 8 minutes. "Knew you would be. Come on, let's dance over to the speakers and you can use that super speed of yours to change the music." Akashi replies and I nod and we smile at each other.

Next to the speakers is the stage with a piano, a microphone and a guitar. I quickly tell the DJ guy the school has hired to change it to "Cool Kids". I decided to go for a song that wasn't that upbeat because I know that the girls wouldn't be able to dance in the shirt dresses they're wearing. As soon as the music starts, I get onto the stage and grab the microphone.

'She sees them walking in a straight line.
That's not really her style.'

I start singing and everyone's looking at me. Soon, everyone starts to either cheer or clap along or both. I see Akashi at the back of the crowd, smiling at me and I smile back. Aomine is being dragged by Momoi to join in the cheering and clapping admist the crowd. I keep singing, the music keeps playing, everyone keeps cheering and or clapping along and it's all going great. Until the main door swings open with a big force. A man walks in. More precisely, Akashi's father walks in. The music dies down (the DJ's doing) and I stop singing. Everyone stops and turns to look at the man with two bodyguards behind him.

"Seijuro. Come with us now. Amaya Mikan, please come too." His father says and Akashi and I exchange confused looks before I place the microphone back into its place and make my way down to the entrance. Everyone awkwardly watches until we leave and they slowly start doing what they're doing again. "Um, Akashi-san, with all due respect, why am I coming?" I ask. He sighs as we sit in the limo. I'm sitting beside Akashi and his father is sitting opposite him. "Seijuro's mother has been found. Alive."

"What!? Where is she!? Is she okay!?" I ask desperately. "She's at the Akashi hospital and she's stable but not yet conscious." His father replies and I look at Akashi and see his bangs covering his eyes. I see tears roll down his face and I put my hand on his shoulder. "Akashi-san, that's amazing news but I don't see why I was asked to come." I say. "Ah, that's because I've been told that she has sleep talked and she said 'My little Seijuro with Amaya.' And so I brought you along." He says and he then asks if I know anything about her.

"Well, I've been to your house when I was younger more times than I can count but you were never there. Probably doing business related stuff. She's so smart, kind, caring and she has a slight bubbly aura, not the mention how beautiful she is. She was like a second mother to me in a way." I say and Akashi's father looks at me shocked. "Yes. They knew each other very well." Akashi says, speaking for the first time since we left the dance. Nobody talks and we soon arrive at the hospital. We all rush in and go to her room. We see her laying on a bed in a hospital gown, with a heart monitor attached to her.

She was breathing at a normal pace. I felt tears of happiness rush down my face and I ran over to her side. I held her hand and didn't even try to stop the tears. Akashi's father looked beyond happy and Akashi came next to me and smiled at his mother. "Shiori-san..." I whispered through my tears and I turned and hugged Akashi. He was stiff at first but soon softened up. "S-she's alive! Akashi...she's alive!" I say and cry into his shoulder. He rubs my back, comforting me. Once I've calmed down, Akashi's father asks, "It's a miracle, isn't it, Seijuro, Amaya." Akashi nods and I reply, "One of the best miracles ever, Akashi-san."

His father says to me, "Ah, call me Masaomi-san." I nod and was about to say something when we hear a soft sigh. We rush over to Shiori-san and see that her eyes are opening. Masaomi runs out the room to call for someone and Shiori says, "Seijuro...? A-amaya...?  Where am I? What happened...? You're all grown up now..." Akashi and I look at each other and I say, "Shiori-san...how are you feeling?" She answers, "I'm fine, but a little confused. You're teenagers...and I'm in a...hospital?"

"Mother...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left your side that night. I'm so, so, so, so sorry. If only there was something I could do to make it up to you." Akashi says softly. She's about to ask about what happened when Masaomi comes in, two nurses and a doctor behind him. "Shiori!" Masaomi says and rushes to kneel at her side. The doctor says "She's free to go tonight if the tests come out positive, which at this rate, will." The doctors and nurses leave and we start to explain what had happened and how we thought she had died.

She then explains to us how she was never buried and was left in a glass enclosed bed in a pastel coloured room with flowers everywhere. She had easily opened it and left the building and headed to the closest place she could find, which was a hospital. The hospital has concluded that she was not dead, but in a coma. She arrived here and fell asleep and then we arrived. To think that she was alive. This will definitely change how the future will be...