3. Patience

Autumn is clutching Kris's hand as he slowly wakes up. She was aware of the others watching, but she didn't care. Mrs. Wu is on the other side of her son, gently stroking his hair.

His eyes flutter open slowly. He sees Autumn first and he smiles at her, squeezing her hand. His eyes then shift to his mother. His face shows shock first, then joy as he shoots up and wraps his arms around the woman.

"Mom," he cries, Autumn can see tears dripping out of his eyes onto her blouse.

"Mommy's here baby," she tells him, her own voice watery, "I'm here Yifan."

After giving them a moment, Luhan and Zitao join the hug. When they break apart, Kris reaches over and pulls her in for a hug.

When he pulls away from her, he wipes away his tears before speaking.

"What happened?" he asks.

"When Leeteuk saw you, he let us go," Luhan answers simply.

"Why?" Kris asks, "After going through all that effort to kidnap us?"

"They wanted the Exo members," Zitao answers softly, "They gave us a choice, Exo or you. All of us chose you."

Autumn can see how touched Kris was by this information, as she sees more tears forming in his eyes.

"Was it hard?" Kris inquires.

Autumn nods slowly.

"It was hard, although I didn't really have a doubt in my mind I would choose you," she replies quietly, "It was just difficult to think I would have to abandon them to the mercy of Leeteuk's gang."

"Super Junior," Kris's mom suddenly comments, "They call them Super Junior."

They are all taken a back for a few moments.

"What kind of stupid name is that?" Zitao asks loudly, causing Luhan and Kris to laugh.

"It is," Mrs. Wu agrees, "But then again, they do all tend to be kinda stupid."

Autumn lets out a small chuckle.

"Now that he's awake, we can start making plans to save Exo, right?" Zitao wonders.

"Save... Exo?" Kris inquires, "Why? Why do you want to do that?"

"We can't just leave them to the mercy of Super Junior, Yifan," Autumn tells him.

"Why not? It's nothing they don't deserve," Kris replies bitterly.

"Yifan, nobody deserves what they're going through," his mom tells him gently, "Just like all four of you didn't deserve what they did to you."

Kris is silent after that. Gingerly, Autumn reaches over and feels his face, which was still hot. He turns to look at her, conflict within his brown eyes.

"I guess you're right," Kris mumbles, breaking eye contact with her by looking down.

It is silent for a few moments. Then, Kris's stomach growls. Autumn smiles at him as his pale face becomes the color of a strawberry.

"Want some food?" she giggles, he nods.

"Let's go get some then, do you think you can walk?"

He nods again, proceeding to swing his legs out of bed and shakily stand. He grips her shoulder for support. She allows him to hold onto her as they slowly make their way to the kitchen, the others following.

After getting Kris food, she turns to see Mrs. Wu with a slight smile on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Yifan has quite a bit of pink in his aura," she replies simply.

"Pink?" Autumn raises an eyebrow, "He is surrounded by people he considers to be his family Mrs. Wu. That's not really surprising."

"Maybe."

Mrs. Wu walks over to her son and begins to take to him, leaving Autumn confused.

What is that supposed to mean?

🔸🔸🔸🔸

Sungmin waits outside the school that he saw the three kids walking into that morning. The students file out of the large building, talking and chattering. None of them even notice him waiting at the entrance and exit. After scouting the school, he made sure to put two others on the other exits.

Soon, all the students were cleared away, all well on their ways home. But Luhan, Zitao, and Autumn still hadn't made an appearance. With a frown etched on his face, he enters the school, a mask pulled over his nose, sunglasses covering the rest of his face.

"Can I help you sir?"

"I'm looking for Sean, Andrew, and Jayden Dean?" he answers gruffly, "I was supposed to pick them up today, but I didn't see them outside."

The lady nods and punches a few things into her computer.

"It seems that they ditched after first hour, as after that they are marked absent for all of the other classes," she replies, then looks up, "I'm sorry."

Anger overtakes his mind, but he manages to take a deep breath before he flips.

" I see," he says, his voice icy, "I'll see if they went home then."

He turns to leave.

"If you don't mind me asking sir, if you were supposed to pick them up and they went home, wouldn't their mom have called you to let you know?"

"Their...mom?" he asks, pivoting.

"Yes, their mom," she answers slowly, "Their dad is dead," she pauses, "Shouldn't you know that though, if you have permission to pick them up?"

He rolls his eyes. He had enough of this nosy woman.

He pulls his gun out from under his shirt and shoots her before she can even react. The noise brings others out, whom he also shoots.

Once he's done, he calmly walks out, putting the gun back in his belt and pulling out his phone to tell the others what was going on.

🔸🔸🔸🔸

He whimpers as the liquid rushes up over his head, causing him to cough and sputter. As it drained away, it sizzles on his skin, turning his flesh into soap. He couldn't see anymore, he couldn't smell. The acid had dissolved those features already. He whimpers as he feels it slowly descending on his body again. He cries out as it dissolves his flesh away further.

"HELP!" he screams before it covers his head.

🐢🐢🐢
Authors note
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'm sorry, this chapter is short and the plot is moving slowly. Next chapter maybe it'll move faster. Maybe.
My brother and his girlfriend came home for Christmas, I'm happy happy happy right now.
Bye, and again, Merry Christmas!
Vote and Comment!