7. Introductions

Autumn is shaken awake a few hours later.

"Zitao, I swear, if you even think about jumping on me," she hisses, then opens her eyes and shrieks when she sees a strange girl in front of her. The girl laughs.

"Sorry," she apologizes, "I wasn't going to wake you up, but dinner is ready and everyone is already downstairs."

"Oh," Autumn replies groggily, "I'm sorry for screaming. I thought you were Z..."

The girl laughs again.

"No, I'm Soyou," she giggles, "Donghyun's sister."

"Ah," Autumn says, then holds out her hand, "I'm Autumn."

"Nice to meet you," Soyou answers, still smiling and shaking Autumn's hand, "Come on, we're already late."

Autumn hurriedly gets up and follows Soyou down the stairs.

"So what's your power?" Soyou asks.

"I can mimic other people's abilities," Autumn answers slowly. She wasn't sure if it was safe to tell her, but it was too late now.

Soyou stops and turns.

"So you have my ability now?" she asks, looking very interested.

"What's your ability?"

"I can turn into water," Soyou answers.

Autumn shrugs.

"Then I guess I can do that now," she replies casually. At that moment, her stomach growls.

Soyou smiles.

"Sorry, I've delayed us," Soyou apologizes, "Come on."

They finish walking to what Autumn assumed was the dining room, where everyone was already waiting. The twins were each sitting on one side of Zitao, who looked stiff but was talking to them with a small smile appearing on his face. Kris and Luhan were next to Jeongmin and Minwoo, talking and laughing casually. Mrs. Wu was speaking in a hushed voice to Donghyun and a girl Autumn didn't know. Two more unfamiliar girls are conversing with two extra seats beside them. Hyunseong was nowhere to be seen, although there was one extra seat beside Jeongmin.

Soyou leads her over to the two girls, who stop talking when they approach.

"Autumn, this is my cousin Bora and her sister Dasom," Soyou introduces. Autumn shakes their hands.

"It's nice to meet you Autumn!" Dasom smiles at her as she sits down in between her and Soyou, "What's your power?"

"I can mimic other people's powers," Autumn replies.

"Woah, really?" Bora inquires. Autumn nods.

"What are yours, so I know what I need to watch out for," Autumn then asks.

"Mine is that I can control the weather!" Dasom answers happily. Bora looks uncomfortable when Autumn looks to her.

"I...." Bora starts, then winces, "Canremovemybodyparts."

She says the last part quickly, but Autumn can still understand her. Her eyes widen.

"So... My hand might fall off in the shower?" Autumn asks, but upon seeing how embarrassed Bora looked, decides to make a joke of it.

"I thought I saw enough blood when my period rolls around."

Dasom and Soyou laugh and Bora cracks a relieved smile.

"No, there's no blood," she explains, "It just kinda, comes off. Like it was never there. Then, I can put it back on and you would never guess I had removed it or it fell off. No scars or anything."