16. Goodbyes

Donghyun is the one to wake her up the next morning. She had requested him to. She didn't want to have to say goodbye to Luhan, Zitao, Mrs. Wu, and... Kris. She knew that if she said goodbye, she'd think that she might not come back. And that was something she did not want to think about.

The two are silent as they make their way to Donghyun's car.

"I'd get into character now if I were you," he tells her quietly. She nods and does so. He stares at her a few moments more, before climbing into the front seat. She climbs in the passenger side and he takes off. She squeaks in Sungmin's body and holds on to the handle bar. According to the speedometer, they were going well over eighty miles an hour (130kph).

"Donghyun," she gasps, "Do you think we could, you know, slow down?"

He glances at her before doing as she wishes. Soon, they are going at a decent and legal speed.

"Sorry," he tells her, "I don't usually ride with anyone."

She waves her hand as in acceptance of his apology.

"Why do you go that fast on your own?" she questions, "You could die."

He gives a short laugh.

"When you are practically death himself, you learn not to fear the grimm reaper," he replies seriously. She nods in understanding. When they arrive, she hands him a four folded pieces of paper.

"What are these?" he asks, looking at the writing on the outside of them. Names.

"Give these to my boys and Mrs. Wu for me, please," she asks, "I already told you why I couldn't tell them goodbye, hopefully this will help them to forgive me."

He nods and places them in the cup holder. He looks sad.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing," he answers, shaking his head, "Can I... Nevermind."

"Can you... what?" Autumn presses.

"Can... Can I hug you, one last time?" he asks softly, hanging his head. She smiles and goes back to her form and wraps her arms around him. He hugs her back, squeezing her tightly.

"Come back alive, okay?" he tells her when he pulls away, "I don't know if I can go another thirty years without any contact."

"I will come back," she assures him, before adorning Sungmin's face again and climbing out of the car.

Donghyun had parked about two blocks away from the school she was supposed to be at so he wouldn't be discovered, so she had a bit of a trek. She pulls a hat out of her back pocket and pulls it down over her eyes. Donghyun drives past her a few seconds later, headed back to his home. She arrives at the school quickly. A few moments later, two men come up to him. They looked exactly the same.

"Oh good, for once you listened," they sigh at the same time, then they look around before merging into one man.

"You ready to go Sungmin?" he asks, cracking his neck.

"Wouldn't be here if I wasn't," Autumn snaps at him.

The man chuckles.

"Then let's go, my car is in the parking lot."

They walk in silence. When they reach and get in the car, Autumn speaks.

"Have you had any successes in scoping out Autumn?" she questions, the man sighs.

"Unfortunately no," he replies, starting the car, "She has to be getting help from a source we don't know about. Leeteuk thinks Camilla has something to do with it, as the boys and Autumn probably don't know anyone who could help. We searched Camilla's house though, she's not there."

"Any other leads?" she questions.

"No," the man smirks, "But we will soon."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Camilla was spotted the other day coming out of a grocery store with a woman we didn't recognize. We were unable to follow them, but we found out she goes there once a week. Leeteuk is taking the Exo members out one by one so we can get a picture of them and offer to trade them for Autumn," he explains, Autumn chokes on her saliva.

"You okay?" the man questions, she nods.

"Yeah, yeah," she answers, waving her hand, "That is a genius plan."

"Leeteuk certainly thinks so," the man shrugs.

"Has anything changed from what we're going to do when we have her?" Autumn asks, hoping he would tell her the plan.

"Nope,"  he replies,, and her stomach drops. The rest of the ride is silent.

🔸🔸🔸🔸

Sungmin's laughing wakes the house up. Frustrated at being woken up, Donghyun stomps down the stairs and into the room that Sungmin was being held in. Sungmin was laughing on the bottom of his bubble, clutching his stomach. Donghyun can see tears squeezing out of his eyes.

"What the hell is so funny?" Donghyun grunts, Sungmin waves his hand and comtinues to laugh. Donghyun kicks the bubble and Sungmin finally starts to calm down.

"Ah," Sungmin sighs, wiping away a tear. A grin was still plastered on his face.

"What's so funny that you woke practically the whole house up?" Donghyun asks moodily, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Tell me this, did Autumn already embark on her mission?" Sungmin asks, his tone cheery. Donghyun feels anxiety in his stomach, but he keeps a straight face.

"I don't see how that's any of your business," he snaps, going to leave.

"She did, didn't she?" Sungmin starts to laugh again, "Oh that stupid, stupid girl!"

Donghyun whirls. The door to the room open, allowing Luhan, Zitao, Minwoo, and Kwangmin to enter.

"He needs to quiet down," Zitao whispers, "Especially if he's talking about Autumn. It wouldn't take much to make Kris snap right now."

"How am I supposed to make him shut up?" Donghyun asks, exasperated.

"Good point," Luhan comments.

"Ah, all of you are so cute!" Sungmin laughs, "It's really too bad that you're all going to die."

"What?"

"Now that my brothers have Autumn, all they have to do is figure out its her and then all of you are going to die."

🐢🐢🐢
Authors note
It's been a long time, my dear readers. Hope you all enjoy! Shout out to @SilverBluinse for the beautiful covets she made for me!