9. Laughter And Familiarity

"No," Kris answers sharply before Autumn can say a word, "There's no way that's happening."

Autumn is taken aback by their plan. They just escaped the clutches of their enemies, and now they want to thrust her back in?

"I refuse to let that happen," Luhan chimes in, taking Autumn's hand, "She's not going back."

More chatter erupts around the room. Of why she should or shouldn't do it.

Autumn bites her lip as she thinks further ahead. She was the only one who would be able to go in and give reports on what 'Super Junior' was doing, and how to find Exo. But the very idea of being surrounded by Leeteuk and his gang, always a chance of being caught? That was terrifying to her, and it was obviously terrifying to Kris, Luhan, and Zitao.

She bites her lip. If she didn't, there was a chance Exo would never be saved. Their faces flash through her head, one by one, from the oldest Xiumin, to the youngest Sehun.

"What are the chances of us saving Exo if I don't do this?" Autumn asks, shutting everyone up. The two leaders and Mrs. Wu look at each other.

"It's possible to save them without--" Mrs. Wu starts, but Donghyun cuts her off.

"The chances are slim without being constantly aware of what they are doing," he states bluntly, "I'm not willing to risk it unless we have that reassurance, and unless it's a unanimous vote, we won't help."

Autumn bites her bottom lip. She was scared. But she didn't want to leave them behind to whatever they were being forced to face.

"You want her to risk herself--"

"She's the one who wants to save them--"

"You'd rather have me risk all of my family--?"

"I'll do it."

Autumn's voice once again silences everyone else.

"Are you sure Autumn?" Zitao asks softly, "We saw what they were capable of, moreso than any if us."

Autumn nods.

"I'm sure."

Donghyun nods, then reaches up and takes something off of a top shelf. A cuff.

"It's time to go kidnap a member of Super Junior," Hyolyn states, "Everyone get ready. Something tells me we're all going to have to get involved."

🔸🔸🔸🔸

Sungmin trails down the street, blood drying on his clothes. He had found the woman who had employed Autumn, but her name hadn't been Yvonne. It had been Jaemi. He rolls his neck, then pulls out his phone to dial Leeteuk. As it's ringing though, he is grabbed and yanked into an alley.

"What the f--" he is cut off by a punch to his face. He is held by several others who he couldn't see. Before he can use his power to move through the shadows, a cuff is clamped around his wrist.

He rolls his eyes and kicks back, satisfied upon hearing something crack and a cry of pain. He rips himself out of the other person's grasp and swipes his legs out from under him. Or attempts to the person's legs bend abnormally to accommodate how far Sungmin kicks forward. His arms extend to push Sungmin back and shove him into a wall, pinning him there.

"Who the hell are you?" Sungmin hisses. The one doesn't answer, and the other one is still on the ground, clearly in pain. They were both quite young, probably no older than sixteen or seventeen.

"Kwang," the one mutters, struggling to hold Sungmin, "Can you call the others and tell them we found one."

The one on the ground shakes his head, still holding his leg.

"Minwoo, if I could call anyone, I'd call an ambulance," he groans. The one holding Sungmin rolls his eyes, then bends and stretches his body even more so he can hold Sungmin while he at the same time can pull out a phone and dial a number.

"We found one, you were right, they're everywhere," the boy, Minwoo, says, then states where they were. After a few moments, at least ten people come running into the alley. He recognized five of them, one of whom stands out. He smirks.

"Hello Camilla," he hisses to the older woman who had once married to his leader, "So wonderful to see you again."

She glares, and he shifts his gaze to another female kneeling on the ground beside the fallen boy as an unknown girl encases him in a weird bubble.

" Well, well, well, if it isn't Autumn!" he taunts, she turns and looks at him. He has to refrain from laughing after seeing the fear in her eyes.

"You truly seem to constantly be gone with the wind," he comments while she helps Kwang up. He smirks.

"Do you know how long we've been looking for you?"

Someone slamming into the bubble startles him.

"Shut up," Kris growls.

He continues to smirk.

"If it isn't the little dragon?" he mocks, "Without the fire of course."

"Nobody wants to play your games Sungmin."

He turns to the new voice and his grin widens.

"Oh Luhan," he makes a 'tsk tsk' sound, "We all know you love my games."

The boy's face goes pale as Sungmin continues.

"I don't see why you wouldn't. Granted the dirty ground in a cave isn't an ideal--"

"STOP IT!" Luhan shrieks, his voice cracking. Sungmin laughs.

"You really are like a little girl," he scoffs, "That just makes my pleasure that much more."

A small lighting bolt strikes Sungmin and he is knocked unconscious.

🔸🔸🔸🔸

The boy stumbles through the dark. His attempts to find a light fail. He had always been scared of the dark, much to the annoyance of the others. That's why he had a nightlight in his room. He closes his eyes tightly and tries to remember what it looked like, to give him some comfort. But the suffocating darkness overtakes him. It presses into him from every direction, stealing his breath away. With each second that passed, it seemed to get darker and darker. He breaks, sobbing and begging for help. But his cries are swallowed by the black, never making it past the length of his nose.

🐢🐢🐢
Authors note
This took so long to write, I am so sorry. It got deleted and I forgot what I had written.

It's Sungmin's turn to be held captive. FINALLY, OUR PROTAGONISTS SEEM TO BE GETTING A BREAK. Well, other than Luhan, but whatever.

In other news, ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE FIRST PART OF 'THE COLD LONELINESS' WILL BE PUBLISHED!!

Again, I am so hype for this.

Vote and Comment!

(PS. Each time you don't vote or comment, Luhan will be taking a trip down memory lane with Sungmin. Spare the poor boy, don't you think he's gone through enough?)