22. New Information

Autumn sighs and falls on the bed. She was tired and frustrated; her mission seemed to be going nowhere. She could still hear Chanyeol screaming; making her feel so guilty that she hasn't rescued them. To be fair, she couldn't save them until all of Exo was out and with Yixing.

Chanyeol's screaming stops abruptly, causing her to sigh again, this time in relief. Yixing had managed to calm him. But her peace is disrupted by another, more feminine scream, this one littered with curses.

"LITTLE BASTARD, GET YOUR NASTY ASS HANDS OFF OF ME!"

Autumn recognizes the voice as Amber and she hurries out of her room to see Kyuhyun and Heechul fighting to hold onto Amber. She was shrieking profanities at them. But that was Amber's personality from what she gathered at their first encounter. What surprises Autumn is that the vines Heechul was sprouting from the ground wouldn't touch Amber, almost as if she had a force field around her.

She regains her senses and coughs loudly and obnoxiously. They all freeze, even Amber who looks more relieved than she should. She meets Amber's eyes and shakes her head ever so slightly. Amber blinks twice in return and goes back to struggling. But at this point, Kyuhyun and Heechul have a better grip on her arms, so her struggles are in vain.

"What's going on?" Autumn questions sternly, crossing her arms.

"She got out of the cage," Heechul explains gleefully, "We have to punish her and put her back in with restrains."

"That I have to install," Kyuhyun grumbles.

"Sucks to be the baby, doesn't it?" Heechul taunts. Kyuhyun glares, annoyance in his eyes.

"I'll beat her, you install the restraints," Autumn suggests with no room for objection in her tone. The two glance at each other and shrug, shoving Amber over. Autumn grabs her and yanks her up, dragging her into her room before Amber can regain her footing. She slams the door behind her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Autumn questions, exasperated.

"Getting out of Hell," Amber answers defiantly, brushing herself off and straightening her clothes. She makes sure to pull her long sleeved shirt through the cuff.

"Clever," Autumn comments, indicating to the cuff, "What exactly is your power?"

"Immunity to other people's powers," Amber answers casually, sitting on the bed. Autumn shakes her head.

"Get off, they could come in any minute," Autumn orders, "Better yet, get on the floor and act like I hit you."

"I'm not going to do that," Amber answers sassily, but she does get up.

"So," she says, crossing her arms, "Who exactly are you?"

"My name is Autumn--"

"No, no, no," Amber interrupts, "I want to know who you are as in who are you and why the hell you're here willingly disguised, I assume, as one of them."

Autumn sighs.

"This is a long story that I probably don't have time to tell you now--" Autumn starts, but Amber interrupts again.

"Then better sum it up quickly 'cause I'm not leaving until I get an answer," Amber comments. Autumn groans.

"Okay, then you have to answer some if my questions, deal?"

"Deal."

Autumn proceeds to tell her everything. From when she was first kidnapped, when running away with Kris, Luhan, and Zitao, to when she joined Exo, to when Leeteuk and Kyuhyun first paid a visit and all the horribleness that followed. Amber listens intently, her face blank the whole time.

"Why are you wanting save Exo when they seem like dicks," she asks as soon as Autumn finishes.

"I've grown to love them, despite their dickiness?" Autumn offers, shrugging helplessly.

"How do you plan on saving us all?"

"I plan on getting rid of Super Junior and releasing everyone."

"And how will you do that?"

"Not entirely sure yet, but I'll have help."

"From who?"

"None of your business," Autumn snaps, "My turn to ask you some questions."

Amber rolls her eyes.

"Ask away Nim-nim."

Autumn bites her lower lip, thinking of Chen.

"Don't call me Nim-nim," she orders, "Anyway, how does your power work?"

"Anyone with powers can't use them on me unless I let them," Amber answers, "The only reason that that man was able to hold onto me with another him is because I thought they were twins until his other self disappeared. I can see through powers that involve visual, and people who have physical powers can't touch me. It's almost like a force field around just my body."

"That'll be useful," Autumn mumbles.

"Yeah, it's saved me a lot in the past," Amber replies, then frowns, "What do you mean 'that'll be useful'. It's my power, not yours.

"Nope, not anymore. My power is to mimic other peoples powers," Autumn explains, "Sorry if that's annoying or anything. I promise not to use it unless I absolutely have to."

Amber waves it off.

"I wasn't trying to be possessive or selfish. You use my power as much as you want, I don't ca--"

Autumn tackles her and punches her across the face just as Kyuhyun enters the room. She glares at him.

"What?" she growls.

"The restraints are set up, I'll take her now."

Autumn scowls and gets up, ripping Amber off the ground and tossing her over. Kyuhyun catches her easily and drags her out of the room.

🔸🔸🔸🔸

Dinner is always an awkward occasion with the new additions to the household, especially since Kris still hadn't come back since he flew out. Mrs. Wu had been worried sick at first, but she had calmed down after Donghyun had told her why Kris flew away.

But when he comes back in the middle of dinner after four days, she doesn't hesitate to tackle her son in a bone crushing hug. Kris doesn't say anything to anyone, just requests to talk to his mother in private. Not even Luhan and Zitao were allowed in Mrs. Wu's room during the conversation.

"I was burning, Mom," he whispers as soon as the door was closed, sitting on her bed in distress "I was burning but I couldn't feel it. The fire wouldn't go out."

"That's a part of your power, baby," she whispers soothingly, sitting down next to him and rubbing his back.

"My power is flight! Why was I burning?!" he cries softly, scared.

"Your power is the power of a dragon, baby, not flight. Anything a dragon can do or has control over, you can do."

"Why haven't I always been able to use it? And how do you know about it? "

"I went to a fortune teller before you were born. She told me that this would happen, but I wasn't entirely sure until you got sick and wouldn't get better even when Autumn tried to heal you."

Kris swallows hard, not wanting to know anymore.

"What do I do now?" He questions.

"Learn how to use it, and continue life as normal," she answers simply, "You're still you, you just developed another part of yourself."

Kris doesn't reply, just hugs his mom tightly.

🐢🐢🐢
Authors note
I had time, so here's a second update. This one isn't very good though, everything seems to be all over the place, especially the Kris but at the end. Sorry.
Xoxo

Vote and Comment!