-Chapter Five-

Tomlinson Household

-

"Almost there," Louis muttered as he was nearly complete with his minimal Christmas decoration in his room. The white tinsel was splayed across his bed frame and his windows, and he had a cute little artificial white Christmas tree with a few lavender ornaments on his nightstand.

After taking Blue out for a quick walk, he decided to finish his decorations so he could have that wonderful winter vibe inside his room.

His speakers were softly playing Christmas music as he danced along his floors, which gave the room a feeling of joy and holiday cheer.

Louis hummed happily as he finished the last bit of tinsel draped on the top of his bed. He moved back to admire his work. He had always been a natural at decorating with style. It just made him happy to see a room come together with just a little pizzazz.

"Whoa, Christmas is in two weeks, not in two days."

Louis jumped at the Irish accent at his door. He turned to see Niall with an amused face as he looked around the pale lavender room.

"You scared me!" Louis exclaimed. Niall shrugged and walked in. He sat down on Louis' bed that was still covered with unused tinsel.

"What about the rest of this?" Niall asked as he held up the shimmering material with his thumb and index finger. It slipped from his fingers and fell back on the bed.

"My mum's asking me to let her use it for the tree downstairs. Might as well let her, I've got enough in here already," Louis replied without a glance at his friend. He walked over to adjust a part of the tinsel at the corner of his wooden bed frame.

"Did you walk Blue out earlier?"

Louis nodded, "Why?"

Niall laid down on his stomach. "I saw him, looking out his window and somewhat."

The brunette boy in front of him shrugged, "So? Doesn't mean anything."

Niall groaned and rolled over so that he was looking to the ceiling. "Harry fancies you, Liam was talking to me about it on the phone on my way here."

Liam was Niall's kind of boyfriend. He didn't know what title to put on it. Besides, Liam was 19 and Niall was 15. And Niall had the conscience that Liam wasn't quite fond of him. So he kept his distance, despite longing Liam's arms around him.

"He doesn't like me, Nialler," Louis sighed, "I mean, look at me. I'm not even a girl, and he's straight."

Niall scoffed, "Yeah right. He's as straight his hair. Remember when you saw him ogling that group of boys back in eighth year? I doubt he's straight."

Louis frowned at that. Of course, it would be great if Harry really was gay, because that gave him a chance to at least talk to him. But he was never one to immediately assume things, unlike Niall.

"You still like him, don't you?" Niall asked as he stared at the pale white ceiling. Louis sighed once more before sitting down at the edge of his bed.

"You know damn well I do. Ever since I was ten."

Niall raised his eyebrows at his friend, who was not one to swear on the daily. Louis flushed red when he realized it. "Sorry, but yeah. I still like him. I just don't have a chance with him, obviously," He referenced to himself by pointing to his attire.