-Chapter Thirty Five-

/Payne Household/

-

"Right here, park here," Niall said hastily. Malcolm parked the sports car in front of a house and got out of the car with Niall, both of them bolting to the door.

"Liam! Liam!" Niall shouted to the door. He knocked loudly against the wood. He could hear rushed footsteps as he did so.

The door opened to reveal Liam, clad in a t-shirt and basketball shorts, looking concerned as ever. "What is it? What happened?" He looked past Niall and the new girl to see Harry's Corvette parked.

"Where's Harry and Louis—"

"We have to go now. Long story short Louis ran off and Harry told us to drive his car to yours and then call him when we were with you," Niall hastily explained. He dialed Harry up and pressed the phone to speaker.

"I'm running down the pavement headed to the picnic area just outside of town. It's about a fifteen minute drive from Liam's place," Harry said instantly when he answered.

"What? Is Louis with you?" Liam asked.

"No, he ran off and I ran after him. I need you to bring your SUV and drive to where I'm heading. It's nearing dark and I'm worried about Louis."

Liam nodded, "Okay. We're on our way. Find Louis, be safe."

"I will."

Harry hung up and Liam rushed to grab his keys. "There's some water bottles and blankets in my car if the two will need any," He told the two. "Let's go."

When they were strapped in Liam's Mercedes, he realized he didn't know who the girl was. He turned around and reached a hand out. "Hi, I'm Liam, Niall's boyfriend."

"Oh, hi, I'm Malcolm," She replied.

-

Louis decided that running off to the outskirts of town wasn't the best idea he had and decided to go back. He was freezing, crop top doing nothing and teeth chattering. The pavement felt like nothing under his aching feet. He didn't want to run anymore. And he didn't care if it took him the whole night to get home. He turned around and began to walk back.

He trudged down the pavement with a slight limp from the pain in his legs. His phone was tucked in his back pocket, dead and useless.

Louis' lips had gone dry due to the lack of water and the unexpected run he did. He breathed out softly as he stumbled forward. He nearly fell, but he caught himself just in time.

He winced at every pain that struck his legs the longer he walked. He only walked for a few more minutes when he fell forward from exhaustion.

Louis groaned and curled into a ball, just hoping that he wouldn't be eaten by some wolf or whatever roamed around these areas at nearing night.

-

Harry panted as he neared the Lavender Hill. He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, coughing out the bothersome itch in his throat.

"Louis!" He yelled out again, hoping to hear some response now that he was close to (he hoped) where Louis ran off to.

He got nothing. But aside from that, he walked on, thinking he would have to walk all the way to the picnic area and up the Lavender Hill to find him.