-Chapter Forty Four-

Author's Note: Please check out the end note; I have an idea for a new book and I would love to get some feedback on it. Hope you like the chapter, xo.

/Styles-Tomlinson Household, Four O'Clock A.M/

-

Louis could not sleep whatsoever. Harry had his arm around his waist, sleeping soundly, unaware of the boy beside him, wide awake.

Louis copied down the number that sent the message to his mother, and had received a text saying to meet up at the Starbucks in town at exactly five in the morning. He was told to come alone.

He didn't want to go, but he had to if he didn't want Harry to suffer. He snuggled into the arms around him, breathing deeply. He was dead scared. Whatever Troy wanted from him, he had a speculation it had to involve money.

When he was younger, Troy had spent money on the most useless items and gambled on it like there was no tomorrow. It put his family in a hole that was nearly impossible to get out of. Soon enough, they had to sell some of their items just to have enough money to live.

Then he left, with a wad of cash for him and his mother.

Louis turned to Harry and tucked his head in the older one's neck. He embraced his lover's warm skin for as long as he could.

Sure enough, he had to get out of bed and get ready to meet up with his father. He carefully got out of Harry's grip, replacing himself with a pillow. It should keep Harry asleep for a while more, hopefully enough to keep him snoring.

He walked into their closet and took out a lavender shirt with floral patterns on it, then some skinny jeans. He went to Harry's side and took out a black pullover hoodie and a black beanie. As he got dressed, he grew with nervousness as he realized that he had to take Harry's Corvette, since Harry's Porsche was in their garage, and he wasn't as accustomed to that one.

Harry's Corvette was always parked in the designated area in the lower parking lot, where it was easy to get out onto the street.

Once he was dressed in the most comforting clothes he could put on, he went out of the closet to write a note for Harry.

'I'll be back soon. I went for a little drive in the Corvette. I love you. -Louis.'

/Starbucks/

-

Louis glared at the man entering the cafe as he held his morning tea. He sat in the very first table visible to see when entering the cafe. He wasn't up for the whole 'secretive corner conversation' shit, not today.

"Louis," Troy greeted him like old friends. He opened his arms for a hug, to which Louis ignored and gestured for him to sit his ass down. Troy did so.

"You came alone," He said.

"You told me to come alone. Don't think of pulling any shenanigans. This place is littered with security cameras," Louis responded coldly. "Now, what do you want? Money?"

Troy stayed silent for a moment too long. Louis rolled his eyes. He wasn't four anymore. He knew how shit went down, and he knew better than to beat around the bush. Clearly, his father wasn't expecting him to be direct.