-Chapter Fifty-

Author's Note: I left y'all waiting on purpose ;)

-

/Previously/

-

He was about halfway down the driveway when a car stopped in front of the house and Harry got out of it. Louis stopped dead in his tracks, and so did Harry.

"I was just—" Louis started, but couldn't finish.

"Leaving?" Harry asked.

Louis gulped down the oncoming sob in his throat. "Y-Yeah. Flight's in a couple hours."

Harry stared as Louis made his way down the rest of the drive way. He felt Louis' sweaters brush his hand, and he knew they both didn't want this to happen.

He took a hold of Louis' wrist.

"Wait."

-

Louis sighed. He didn't look back, only stood with his suitcase behind him.

"Can," Harry exhaled. "Can we talk? Inside?"

Louis bit his lip. His head faced the ground, his feet shifted against the concrete. He held back a sob and shook his head, then tried to get out of Harry's grip.

"Lou, please. I-I won't hurt you."

Louis gave a weak smile to himself. "I know you won't. You would never. It's me that will hurt you." He tugged again in attempt to get out of the grip. However it was no use. Harry's grip seemed to just get stronger.

"Please, Louis. It's cold outside."

"I can't stay."

"Louis, it's cold on the plane," Harry said. He smiled to try and lighten Louis' mood.

"Harry, please don't. I have to go, okay? I'll see you back in Donny," Louis finalized. He managed to rip his hand out of Harry's hold and make his way down the rest of the driveway, where his Uber had just stopped at.

"Wait! Louis, I'm sorry! Okay, just- please. Don't go. Stay."

"Why should I stay? You told me you would send me back home if I didn't get my act together. Have you not known me for the past four years? I can't bite my tongue. So," Louis sniffed. "-it's best if I just go."

The Uber honked behind Louis, but Harry signaled to the car to leave. When Louis heard the car drive away, he whipped his head back to Harry.

"What the hell?! I was gonna leave! I have a flight!"

"You're not going on that flight. Not until we talk."

"You can't command me, Harry! I'm going on that fucking plane if it's the last thing I do."

"Louis. Please. I'll get homesick."

Louis tried to not let his expression falter after Harry said that. "I-I can't help you with that."

"Baby, if you could just let us talk. If we can just talk, then you can go back to Donny."