-Chapter Twenty-

Authors Note: Please point out any mistakes.

-Together?-

/Tomlinson Household/

-

"What are the first ten numbers of pi?" Louis muttered the question on his paper to himself. He thought about it for a moment. The question wasn't related to anything that they were learning in math, but his teacher loved giving the class some random math facts to fill in.

"Three-point one four one five..." He thought about it again. He did remember the first ten numbers, but now was the time when he forgot.

"Three-point one four one five nine... two..." He bit his lip, searching his brain for the last two numbers.

"Six five!" He exclaimed as he remembered the final two digits. He wrote it down on the space given below the question before moving onto the next problem.

It was a normal Tuesday. Louis was finishing up his last bits of homework so that he was done with everything. The entire day, since the minute he woke up, he was jotting down his responses, calculating numbers, typing out paragraphs, all while tuning out (well, tried his best to) his sisters running around the house.

Blue had been watching Louis, waiting for the boy to put down his pencil and walk him. But Louis was very intent on completing his work before the day ended.

So instead, Jay took the girls and Blue out to the park so that Louis could focus on his work instead of his siblings shouting around the house. He kissed his mother goodbye as his family went in the car.

"We'll be back at around seven. I'll pick up some dinner for all of us. Complete your assignments," Jay said.

"Yes mum. I will."

Jay was about halfway in her seat when she called out to Louis again. "Actually, Lou, take a break, will you? You've been overworking yourself and you deserve to relax for a bit," She said before she fully got in the car. Louis nodded.

He waved goodbye to them before turning towards the house. It was much quieter now, almost as if Louis' voice would echo through if he yelled.

Louis went back up to his room to complete his math assignments before he started any kind of break. He had always been a firm believer in delayed gratification. Work now, play later.

But, of course, the universe wanted him to take a break. Just as he sat back down on his lavender fabric-clad chair, his phone started ringing, with Niall's caller I.D flashing on the screen. He sighed, swiping to answer.

"Lou!!" Niall yelled the second he swiped. Louis flew back a bit, startled at his friend's loud greeting.

"Hey Ni," Louis greeted back, reading the next question to himself and answering instantly. He wrote quickly in his handwriting, filling out the provided space on the sheet. He had about three problems left, all regarding the importance of math in everyday life; what do you use math for in daily activities, if math is necessary, etc.

"Whatcha up to?" Niall asked. Louis heard crunching and figured that his Irish friend was consuming crisps.

"Just finishing up maths," Louis replied. He heard coughing before a choked up Niall responded.