-Chapter Eight-

-Journey-

/Harry's Car/

-

Somewhere along the drive back to their neighborhood, Louis fell asleep. The soothing feel of Harry's thumb caressing the top of his hand lured him into a nap.

Harry kept his hand entwined with Louis' as he drove at 90 down England's country lanes. Occasionally, he would glance over to see Louis sleeping peacefully with his other hand propping up his head. His thin lips were slightly parted as he breathed deeply.

Damn, he was already wrapped around Louis' dainty little finger. He couldn't help it, though, Louis just had that effect on him.

His personal description of the young boy was so accurate it was scary; a teenage boy with cerulean eyes that outshone the bluest of oceans and rivers, an angelic face that was sculpted by Aphrodite, hair parted in the most innocent way, and a beautiful voice that was given by angels. But let's not forget, the lavender clothing that was always on his curvy petite body.

The snow in Doncaster had stopped falling for a bit and it left the town in ankle deep snow that glistened obnoxiously bright in your face.

The cold air had been swirling around for the past weeks, making everyone's noses a tint of red and their cheeks looking like it had a permanent blush.

Harry heard shuffling from the seat next to him and saw Louis raising his head slowly as he woke up.

"Did I fall asleep?" He asked with a small child-like voice. Louis reached the sweater paw that wasn't holding Harry's hand and rubbed his eyes. He blinked multiple times before facing Harry with his oh-so vibrant orbs.

"Yeah, but only about twenty minutes," Harry replied. Louis' already pink cheeks turned darker as he looked down at his lap bashfully.

"Sorry," He said with a cute smile on his face.

"No worries."

Harry squeezed Louis' hand before turning back to the road. It was quiet between them, expect for Harry's radio, which quietly played an 80's song that Louis definitely knew.

"Took the midnight train going anywhere," Harry sang under his breath as he tapped the steering wheel to the beat. "Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit. He took the midnight train, going anywhere."

Louis bit his tongue to refrain himself from singing along. He was never fond of his "singing" voice. He thought he sounded like a dying cat.

It was difficult- this song was just so amazing and so iconic. Louis bit his tongue harder to hold back his urge to sing.

"A singer in a smokey room. The smell of wine and cheap perfume. For a smile they can share in the night," Harry bobbed his head to the music. Louis just pretended to be interested in the dashboard in front of him. "It goes on, and on, and on, and on."

Harry looked to him and beamed before singing a bit louder, "Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard. Their shadows searching in the night." He gestured Louis to sing along, but Louis stared back with his mouth closed.

"Come on, Lou. I know you know this song," Harry urged. Louis smiled and shook his head, too shy to sing, especially in front of his crush.