Chapter - NINE - The talk

Authors note: Hi guys, a lot of you guys loved when devon proposed to maya...yas they are so cute like for real. ANyways, thanks for all of your comments and votes, i read and reply to every single one. to get a chapter dedicated are for my most consistant commenters and voters. SO dont worry there will be chapters dedicated to people...even if they arent following me.

Check out my new urban story, 'welcome 2 my block' if you love the LOAFG series, then you will love that one. COmment and vote like usual, thank you.

[Maya]

I was startled. Well I guess startled wouldn't be the appropriate word for what I felt. I was shocked, to see Devon kneeling down on one knee, the encrusted ring was shone balantly in my face, as if I would dare refuse to marry him. I chuckled uneasily.. and soon it grew quiet. I can tell Devon was nervous as I was,

"It's okay...maybe I did rush it." He muttered, he was obviously embarssed. I laughed and threw my arms around him,

"Of course, I"ll marry you."

He drew out a sigh, as he slipped on the ring onto the appropriate finger. He sealed the deal with a kiss onto my lips, and the other affiliates grinned happily and cheered. Soon after the barbeque it was getting late.

Josh came up to me, and congratulated me, so did Trisha. I thanked them both, before Josh whipped out two bottles of Mascoto. I laughed and shake my head,

"Where you get those from?"

"Your fridge?" Josh said, as if I was the slow one. He whipped out five glasses, and poured Trisha, Devon, me, and himself a glass.

"What's the other glass for?" I questioned.

"Oh that one is for me. I"m having two glasses." Josh quipped passing us, our glasses.

Everyone had left, so it was the only sound of our glasses clinking together in a toast. "TO the newly enganged!" Josh bellowed.

I shook my head, before clinking glasses with all of them, and took a good sip of my drink. After I downed it, Josh and TRisha left. Trisha was going to stay with JOsh for a second time. I thought ti was stupid, on how he was letting her stay there, but he said he insisted.

Josh had also said that he was okay to drive so he aint have to worry Trisha's poor little soul. Trisha was skeptical, but let him take her home to his house. 

Once the two had left, Devon and I chowed  down on some leftover ribs, and soon we wewre getting ready for bed. We showered together, and brushed our teeth, all of that good stuff. We broke out the second bottle of Mascoto and had two glasses full.  We were buzzed up as we soon fell into the bed, and made love to the first of the morning.

It was two a.m. once we had showered again after making love. I crawled into the bed sorely. My back was hurting so bad,  and I popped in two advil and slipped into the bed.

I kept eyeing my ring, as Devon slipped into the bed next to me. He has his shirt off, which showed his muscled biceps. Normally, I would have jumped his bones but something was clawing at me from the inside out.

"Devon..?" I begin slowly. 

He began flipping through the channels on the large screen tv, "Wassup ma."

"Okay, welllll you know how we're enganged right..." 

"Yah."

"Aight so, when are we suppose to get married? I know I have college and all that.."

"Well.." He draws out his words carefully, "I want you to at least wait until after college."

I drew in a reliefed breath, "Good that's what I wanted all along." 

He smiled, and ruffled my hair. I aint protest how I normally would, "Good. I'm glad you got it."

I roll my eyes at him. "How long you gonna be watching tv cause I wanna go to sleep." I complained.

He chuckled, "Girl..I'll turn the sound down low. Chill."

'

I bit my lip. I hated when people told me to chill. I was gonna snap at him, but decided not to. I aint feel like dealing with him.

Soon, I had fell asleep--with words and voices of the people of '48 hours.' I had woken up to Devon getting out the bed.

I was a light sleeper, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Where you goin?"

"Out." He replied.

"Yeah but out where?" I ask crossing my arms. I glanced at the clock it was four in the morning.

"Look, a dude called from the crack house, and I gotta deal with these youngins messin with my profit."

I rolled my eyes, "Aight, that's all you had to say instead of sounding suspicious." 

He snorted, before grabbing his shirt and slipping it on. His wonderful biceps had dissappeared under his shirt.

"Girl, I aint hidin nothing. Why all of a sudden you wanna diss my trust, now that we enganged."

I laughed at that, "I'm not! I simply asked a question and you replied with the sense, that you aint want me to know where the hell you goin. You the one blowing it outta proportion." I stated matter o' factly. He got me messed up, thinking I'm slow. I may be a couple years younger than him, but I aint slow.

He kissed his teeth and scratched his head, "Aight..whatever. I'mma catch ya later."

"When you gonna be back?"

"Why you asking so many questions?" He snapped.

I drawed back, Devon never snapped at me like that. Sure when we was messing around, BUT he hasn't shown that side in a long time. I rolled my eyes,

"Have you taken your pills?" I asked calmly. He grabbed his Uzi and cellphone. He stuffed his gun in the waistband of his jeans.

"My pills? What the hell you talking about?"

"Your bi polar pills." I say smiling. He rolled his eyes, "Haha very funny. I aint bi polar."

"Ya you are. I think you should give yo personality checked out."

"Shut up." He mumbled.

"Huh what was that?" I asked testing the waters and leaning in.

He turned towards me so fast,  I couldn't even blink. He held me down pinned to the bed, his member poking against the soft layer of my thigh.

"Keep on girl.." He muttered lowly. Oddly this was making me feel some type of way. I squeezed my legs together to stop the feeling.

"Okay, okay you play too much." I whined.

He kissed my lips, and released me. "Aight now let big Daddy handle buisness."

I bussed out laughing, "Eww don't ever say that in yo life."

"Aight lil mama!" He replied smiling. I rolled my eyes, "Don't you got somebody heads to shoot?"

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me. Remind me never to do a 'mission' with you."

"WHY?" I asked confused.

"Because you're a distraction and that aint good."

I didn't know if that was a compliment or an insult. So I'll just think of it as a compliment.

Short chapter. Go read my new book, 'Welcome 2 my block.' Thank you.... vote and comment.