Things are changing

At what point my head ended up on Sherlocks shoulder and his arm was put around me I know not, yet as light floods through the window I stay very still. Sherlock still smells lightly of the perfumes we sprayed yet also of himself. Surprisingly it feels amazing to be this close to him. My eyes remain closed and I can tell from Sherlocks breathing that he's asleep. I lean into him a bit more and feel his arm circle me tighter.
Suddenly a little laugh makes my eyes open. The little boy, Liam, is giggling at our feet. A smile comes to my face as Liam notices I'm awake. He looks knowingly between Sherlock and I and surprisingly I don't feel embarrassed, I feel happy. Only now do I notice the little boy is eating gummy rings and has a multitude of them on his fingers. Still giggling he hands me one and gestures to Sherlock. I know it's impossible to put on Sherlock without him waking up and I really don't want this moment to stop but I also want Liam to be happy. So, I turn slightly and face Sherlocks hand that's resting over my shoulder and lightly grab it and slide the ring on as quickly as I can before returning to my previous position and smelling Sherlocks shirt for what I assume will be the last time. I'm dreading his denial. How he'll wake up and pull away from me so quickly.
However Sherlock doesn't pull away. I feel him tense up and I try to imagine what he's thinking right now.
"Nice try Watson but I still won't marry you." He says, his words pouring sarcasm and I laugh in relief.
"It was worth a try." I sarcastically reply, my head still resting on his chest and his on my head.
Liam giggles loudly now that he knows we're both awake.
Reluctantly I sigh as Sherlock leans of my head and removes his arm from around me. I feel the ghost of his touch and suddenly miss it hugely. I pull my head off him and try to comb through my hair with my fingers.
"You two looked very tired." Liam says, grabbing a teddy bear from his seat then sitting by our feet.
Neither of us answer, I just smile at the boy and wonder if Sherlock misses my touch.
"It should be breakfast soon!" Liam says excitedly before grabbing another gummy ring and handing it to Sherlock.
For the first time our eyes meet and he looks at me, his eyes glinting.
"For you, Miss Watson." He says with his strong British accent. I laugh and hold out my hand but Sherlock flips it over and slides it on my finger.
"Take notes Liam," I say in mock seriousness "gummy rings are every girls dream." Sherlock chuckles and Liam giggles.
Breakfast passes uneventfully, I make light chat with Liam's mother whilst Sherlock and Liam play with the boys toy lego. It's crazy seeing Sherlock like this, maybe the gas on this plane is toxic? I mean he's never showed as much affection with me before and most certainly never voluntarily played with a child. Whatever it is, I'm grateful. Our knees touch the whole way and I'm so grateful for it however it makes me crave his touch so much.
What's wrong with me? Things are changing. I'm changing? He's changing? All I know is I like the change.
All too soon it's time to leave the plane  and everyone begins to stand up. As soon as I do my legs give way and Sherlocks arms extend around my waist.
"Thanks." I whisper and his eyes smile. We grab our small bags and head of the plane. I notice Sherlock has his hand at the small of my back, as he often does, but this time is different somehow. We wave goodbye to Liam and his mother and head to collect our suitcases. It doesn't take long at all and then we walk out and I stop in amazement. Rome.
The sun is blinding and I instantly realise my clothes are much too warm for this weather. Eager to explore I turn to Sherlock.
"Shall we grab some weather appropriate clothes? There's a store right there." I point to nice looking clothing store and Sherlock nods.
"Good idea. Your brother mentioned a swimming pool at the hotel so you may want a swim suit." My eyes light up at Sherlocks words, it's been forever since I've swam.
"Sounds perfect! Let's go." I say excitedly and Sherlock chuckles. "So, can you swim?" I ask as we walk.
"Indeed Watson. Swimming is a very productive sport." I nod in agreement as we enter the store. Usually the few times we go shopping together Sherlock and I split up and meet up later, but as we are in no rush I follow him to the men's section and begin browsing. Out of the corner of my eye I notice him watching me. The colours are all pretty dull but nice so I start looking at shirts and begin holding up various ones to Sherlock. All the shirts are light and soft I notice as I pick up a lovely light blue one and notice how it compliments Sherlocks eyes.
"This ones nice." I say and Sherlock eyes it before nodding.
"Quite." And puts it in his hand with a few others. I move down the isle slightly to the woman's and pick out a light top and dress then turn around to the bathing suits. Should I buy a swim suit or bikini? Upon deciding it's too hot for a swim suit I grab a nice looking bikini then return to Sherlocks side.
"Ready?" I ask and notice him looking at tops that say 'bee happy' with a big bee on. "Aww these are cute! Let's get some." I grab one in my size and then in Sherlocks and laugh at his protests.
"You want to buy matching bee tops?" He says in astonishment.
"Sure!" I say whilst laughing." You named a bee after me, I brought you a bee shirt."
"Watson I'll-"
"Don't even try." I say knowing Sherlock will offer to pay and I head of to the counter and pay and watch as Sherlock does the same. We head out the store and hail a taxi. The guy seems overly friendly which throws both Sherlock and I as we're used to the occasional grunt from our taxi drivers. We both slide in the back and within ten minuties reach the hotel. Both Sherlock and I stop in awe as we get out the car. The building is old and has vines and flowers growing up the side with beautiful water fountains. How my brother is affording this is beyond me.
"It's beautiful." I mumble as we head inside but Sherlock hears and nods. As soon as we get inside Oren runs out of nowhere and almost nocks me over.
"Joan!" He practically screams as I laugh and embrace him.
"Oren I can't believe you're getting married!" I say pulling back and smiling at my brother.
"I know, it's crazy." He says laughing effortlessly then turns to Sherlock and shakes his hand happily.
"Sherlock! I'm so glad you could come." Oren says whole heartedly and my smile widens.
"Glad to be here." Sherlock says politely.
Suddenly Oren grabs Sherlock and my wrist and pulls us behind a pillar.
"You know you both love me right?" Oren says desperately.
"Oren what's going on?" I demand and he looks guiltily at us both. "Aunt Sonya and Uncle Dave are having issues at the moment. Basically she wants another baby and he doesn't, it's a mess, and I really need you guys to take their room and they'll take both of yours." I sigh with relief at Oren that it wasn't something worse then turn to Sherlock he shrugs and smiles at me.
"Sure Oren, whatever you need." I say and a grin explodes across his face.
"Thank you joanie! I love you!" He says and kisses my cheek and pats Sherlock arm. "Here's your key." Oren says before being called away by someone.
Sherlock and I stand still for a while until I sigh.
"That was unexpected."