Our last night?

I throw myself onto the bed and instantly relish in the comfort it brings.
"That was amazing Sherlock." I say happily, thinking of all the things I've seen and learnt today.
Sherlock smiles and begins flipping through some books beside me.
The sun sets slowly and peacefully outside.
"Late night swim?" I say suddenly eager to see the sunset closer.
"Seems like a good way to conclude the day." Sherlock says surely and I feel myself force a smile before turning away. Conclude. Finish? End?
We leave for home tomorrow and I have no idea what we will do.
Banishing these thoughts I pull myself up and grab my bikini and Sherlock and I head down the surprisingly empty stairs and outside. The sunset is even more beautiful and in this moment all I see are the beautiful colours behind the beautiful Sherlock. Without thinking I take his hand and stop. Sherlock stops walking and turns to me but I ignore him and close my eyes. If everything ends I want to have this memory engraved forever. Sherlocks hand in mine.
All too soon I let him go and smile as best I can before walking quickly into the changing rooms.
As I get changed all I think about is everything that could go wrong between us. Maybe we should stop now. No. I physically stop and look at myself in the mirror. I have to stop, I have to trust.
Taking a deep breath I tie my bikini then head out, feeling slightly better. Sherlock is standing there looking skeptically at me with a hint of worry.
Suddenly all the blood drains from my face. Sherlock thinks I regret this, that I regret him. We are detectives, nothing goes unnoticed, we have to be honest with each other to make this work.
Without thinking I walk up to him and confidently pull him into a passionate kiss. He takes a moment in surprise but almost instantly relaxes and returns the kiss. Just as I'm about to pull away Sherlock pulls me tightly to him and his arms hold me tightly as he smirks against my lips. I realise all too late what he's doing and in the blink of an eye we are both in the pool laughing hysterically.
"I can't believe you did that!" I say in mock outrage whilst laughing.
"Can't you?" Sherlock says with a big smirk then it falters slightly as he looks nervous. "What happened earlier Watson? I was afraid you'd cha-"
"No." I say with absolute certainty. "I was afraid of what's going to happen when we get back."
I lower my eyes and even as I say it I feel stupid. I hear a chuckle and Sherlocks arms pull me close again and the water flows calmingly around us.
"My dear Watson I am too." Sherlock whispers. "But we shouldn't be. Fear of what's to come is irrational, enjoying what's right in front of us is far more productive."
I look up at Sherlock and smile, relaxing greatly.
Suddenly we both look up as bright fireworks light up the sky. I feel myself laughing at the sheer beauty and perfection of the moment and when I look back at Sherlock he's looking at me with sparkling eyes.
"You're amazing Joan." I find myself thrown at my first name being used by Sherlock but surprisingly I like it.
Colours explode below us and I jump away from Sherlock as I notice the pool has underground lights and when I look back at him he's smiling wildly.
I take a big breath and dive under water and instantly become immersed in the colours. I turn around and notice Sherlock doing a similar thing away from me with his back to me. I swim up and take a breath then with a smirk I swim up to him underwater and slide my arms around his neck. Sherlock jumps and we ascend to the surface by which time I'm in wild laughter.
"Touché Watson." Sherlock says and spins around so our faces are practically touching. My grin remains and I relish in the ease of our proximity.
"My dear Holmes." I say whilst mimicking a British accent. "It was just too good of an opportunity."
Sherlock rolls his eyes.
"As soon as we get back we are working on your accents." He says with a smirk that I echo.
"Whatever you say sweetheart." I say with a British accent once more as I glide away from Sherlock.
I stop when I realise what I've said. It was only ment to be part of my accent, not a term of endearment. Surprisingly Sherlock just laughs and swims to me.
"If we are doing the endearment arrangement you should know I think 'honey' is the best one for us." Sherlock says with a smirk and I think back to the bees and the tee-shirts. I laugh and swim closer so we are facing each other.
"I quite agree honey." I say and his eyes light up and he takes my hand under the water and squeezes it.
"What exactly are you afraid of when we get back Watson." Sherlock says in between kissing my hand.
"Well... the house itself I guess." I mumble and Sherlock stops kissing my hand to look at me.
"Our house?" Sherlock says and I find myself smile at the warmth I feel.
"If walls could talk the brownstone would have an endless abundance of stories. I love the house, our house, but I'm afraid when we go back we won't be able to balance the house." I say and Sherlock looks even more confused and I chuckle slightly. "It's all case, we are all case. It's always been case."
Sherlock nods then his eyes light up.
"We could redo the basement!" He then looks shyly at me. "That is if you want. We could make it into somewhat of a little flat. A place of no cases, just us."
I feel a tear fall from my cheek and instantly brush it away.
"I'd love that." I say and Sherlocks smile widens. "What are you afraid of?"
Sherlock chuckles in response.
"Apart from the obvious relationship part I'm very curious to Bell and the Captains reaction. Are we going to tell them?" He says and I feel myself hum.
"If you want." I conclude with a smile. Sherlock hums and takes my hands.
"At the moment I quite like the secret, it's something that's just ours." I feel myself nod in agreement to Sherlock.
"Just ours, just us."