Preparing

When we get back to our room it's about one and having recently eaten we decide to relax for half an hour before getting ready.
I fall on the bed and grab my phone. There's a few texts from Mrs Hudson that I answer and one from my friend Emily back home. Sherlock lies next to me and begins assembling a small travel skeleton. I turn my phone off and roll around to face him.
"What do you think Watson," Sherlock says holding up a bone. "Index finger or big toe?"
I laugh and fall on my back.
"Finger." I mumble and notice Sherlock smile out the corner of my eye. Maybe it's the time difference but I feel my eyes drift shut and have no desire to open them. Happy laughs and screams can be heard from the pool below which just increase my desire to sleep however I know in fifteen minutes I'm going to have to start getting ready. With that in mind I pull myself up gently, careful not to ruin Sherlocks skeleton in the process.
"Have you talked to Mrs Hudson?" I ask, suddenly missing Clyde.
"She texted this morning to say everything's fine." Sherlock says and I nod reassured. Sherlock puts the now finished skeleton on the floor and turns to me. Suddenly I think of something I should have said earlier.
"They'll be alcohol at the wedding." I say regretfully and Sherlock laughs.
"Indeed Watson, fear not, I'll be with you the whole time." He says lightly and I smile happily. It's nice being with him all the time, I suppose we are always together all the time but here it's different. We're different and selfishly I love it.
"I guess we should start getting ready, well I should." I say laughing and moving to the mirror and sitting crossed legged in front of it. Sherlock pulls out a book and for the next hour we move around in compatible silence until Sherlock moves into the bathroom to take a shower. Whilst he's there I slip on my mint green dress and take a step back to look at myself in the mirror. Once again I find myself looking at a completely different woman. The woman in the mirror looks happy, light and sort of beautiful. Smiling at myself I put on some lipstick then walk over to the bed. Suddenly the door clicks open and out comes Sherlock, looking stunning. His suit looks a light blue and compliments his mint green tie which looks beautiful with his eyes. Only now do I notice his tie is exactly the same shade as my dress, exactly the same.
My eyes make my way up to Sherlocks and notice him scaring wide eyed at me as well. I smile at him and move closer.
"You look amazing Sherlock." I say, moving even closer and straighten his tie.
"I look completely unworthy to be escorting someone as truly beautiful as you my dear Watson." I feel my cheeks redden and look down at the floor.
"Shut up." I mumble but can't hide my grin." There's no one I'd rather escort me than you."
At that even Sherlock Holmes looks flustered. His arms gently pull me closer and I smile and put my hands on his chest.
"We're changing." I whisper so lightly it sounds just like a breath but I know he hears it.
"I know. Is that what you want?" Sherlock says looking directly into my eyes. I see the fear of rejection in his eyes and I'd be lying if I didn't fear it too. I'm scared of losing our friendship, our partnership but the thing is I know we can't go back.
"You're what I want." I say gently but confidently for I know it's completely true. Sherlocks hand gently traces the side of my face and I lean into it. My hands somehow end up either side of Sherlocks face and in complete sync his face moves down and mine tilts up and our lips gently touch.
The kiss is soft and in that moment all I know is this is what I want, I can't go back to being alone, walls up.
We both pull away but our foreheads still touch. We both breath in sync, afraid to move, afraid to ruin everything we've build.
"We need to talk about this." I whisper and Sherlock sighs.
"I know and we will. After the wedding?" He says and I instantly feel relieved.
"After the wedding." I say, exhaling happily. Sherlock leans down and kisses the side of my mouth making me smile before taking my hand.
"Shall we go?" He says and I nod and put my arm through his.
As we are walking down the stairs Sherlock suddenly starts chuckling and I turn to him.
"What?" I say with a smile and he turns to me with a smirk.
"Mint green." He says with a chuckle and I feel my cheeks flush.
"Complete coincidence."

//hope you liked the chapter! I'd love to know what you thought :)