Chapter 17 - Mind Like A Maze

After the planning of how to wake Stiles up from his coma. Derek went back to the hospital. He had to inform Melissa about what he was going to do.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked her as he walked up to the front desk of Beacon Hills Hospital.

Melissa looked up hearing his voice giving him a small smile then standing up, quickly telling another doctor to look after the front desk while she was gone.

Once they were both out of sight, Derek started to explain what he was going to do.

"Wait. Let me get this straight. You want to go into Stiles' mind, then convince him and help him wake up? Won't he wake up by himself?" She asked looking at Derek sceptically.

"He's a werefox, he should have healed by now, its been two weeks. His healing has slowed down, he is healing at the level of a human child. If we don't do anything. He won't heal at all, and he'll never wake up." Derek eyes burned with unshed tears as the thought of Stiles never waking up caused a shock of pain to blossom in his chest.

Melissa saw the rim of Derek's eyes turning red. She knew it had been hard on Derek, with Stiles being in a coma. The desperate look in his eyes told her that this had to be done. That it was the only way for Stiles to be saved.

******************************
Don't worry its not the end I just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! And if you don't celebrate Christmas then I just hope you have a wonderful day!! Ok back to the story
******************************
It was the day. Derek had decided that the sooner he did it, the sooner he would have his mate back in his arms.

Deaton came into the plain white hospital room with a bag full of the supply's they needed.

Derek stood up from the plastic chair that had made his butt numb for the last two weeks.

"I need you to stand next to him, I also need to put this green liquid on your claws." Deaton stated as he took out a small jar with a slimy green liquid inside.

Derek just nodded and stood next to Stiles, moving the plastic chair out of the way. Deaton opened the jar, the smell of rotten eggs immediately invading Derek's senses.

Derek resisted the urge to vomit at the stench as he flicked his hand letting his claws out, then allowing Deaton to drip some of the liquid onto the claws of his right hand.

"All you need to do now is put your claws in the back of his neck and you will be taking to his mind."

"What is this for?" Derek asked.

"It is to reduce the pain from your claws and to help direct you to where stiles is in your mind"

"How?"

"Because Stiles' mind is so complex, like a maze, this will spawn you close to him. It will only bring you so far though, finding him is in your hands." Deaton explained.

Derek just nodded.

"I must warn you Derek, Stiles' has been through very hard things in his short life. The maze of his memories can be, let's say overwhelming.

Derek nodded again, he knew that he was the cause of some of his mates turmoil.

Derek moved his hand, lifting Stiles' head gently as he put his liquid covered claws on the back of his mates head.