12 - Whitney

Whitney

I hoped to be killed during the night. Wasn't.

I hoped the next morning I had a threat written on our house. There was none.

I really hoped he was waiting with his gang in the school's parking lot, Monday morning.

He was.

Only, he was alone, leaning onto his black vintage car. Faded jeans, white shirt, and black leather jacket. The Devil himself.

Holy crap, I'm dead...!

Still, I'm Whiney Gordon, and my parents didn't raise any coward. So, I squared my shoulders, grabbed my brown leather handbag, and walked through the school's parking lot.

"Need to talk."

"Got better things to do" I snapped back when he started to follow me.

"This may be for your best interest." He assured me, but I couldn't give a damn "You better stop walkin' and start listenin' to me... Miss Type I."

I froze. Oh shit. Was he gonna tell?! Is that what this is about? He's gonna spill about my disease?! Bastard! Well, what did you expect...? He is a gang member, after all. Lie, cheat and steal are his motto. Sometimes I'm so stupid...

"What do you want?" I grunted, not even bothering to look at him.

"You said you were surprised I didn't ask you for somethin' in exchange to keep my mouth shut. Well, I'm askin' now" He said, standing in front of me.

"Oh, yeah? Well, now you're too late" I growled, but he grabbed my arm when I tried to go past him.

"Listen here, you..." He seemed to drop whatever insult he was gonna hit me with "Look. You made mi papa scold me for being an irresponsible pendejo. Now you'll have to pay me back."

"Like hell! You got fired 'cause you don't know when to follow rules." I snapped, pulling my arm off his hold "What do you need the money for, anyway? Don't the Cuervos pay you enough for wiping people?"

"You know nothin' about the Cuervos." He hissed, snapping his forefinger at me; then he took a deep breath and calmed himself down "I got into trouble. My dad scolded me and made me work. You know, grounded?"

"You were grounded?! Are you shitting me?" I snapped, almost laughing "You're Rai Vega. A Cuervo. Like someone could ground you."

"Even so, he did. And you just made him angrier at me for firin' me. So, if you want me to zip it, you better give me what I want" He said, snapping his chin up and looking at me like he owned me.

"You're dreaming. I'm not kissing you. Ever. Got that? E-ver!"

"Don't test me, chica. This is me bein' nice."

"Nice?" I laughed so hard that people started staring as they walked past us, on the front lawn of the huge red brick building that was our High School "You think I'm stupid? I'm not." I actually am... "So, drop the act and just leave me alone!"

"You don't believe I'll spill it?" He almost yelled, and I kept walking "Hey! Everybody! Got somethin' very important to tell you about Miss Whitney Gor-"

He couldn't finish his sentence, 'cause I ran towards him, jumped like I was a wrestler, and sat on top of his chest, my hands trying to smother him.

"Shut up! You stupid idiot. Ugh! I'm gonna kill you. I should win a Nobel Prize for that."