19 - Rai

Rai

Yeah... Well, two days detention was peachy for me. Like I wasn't used to it, anyway. Copper Girl could get sick, and I knew she wouldn't be able to measure her glucose if I didn't create a commotion, so it was worth it. Above all, she smiled at me and thanked me. I saw her laugh at my stupid attempt at a diversion. Well, it worked, right? She got her glucose right, and I got even more detention.

Damn it, she cracked me up when she bumped heads with Fisher. She had balls. Sort of... Hope she doesn't, actually! Nacio kicked my foot, and I looked at him, frownin'. He had a small note in his hand and gestured at Whitney. I got the note and read it.

"Although u ddnt have to, thnks."

"I was only takin care of my own interests. U see, if u passed out, I wld end up carryin u to Nurse Tucker again & my back just cldnt handle another heavyweight."

".!. -.- .!." Was her response, and I cracked up.

"Mr. Vega, trying to had a fourth day?"

I shut up and folded the note, keepin' it in my leather jacket. She was givin' me a sour look from the other side of the class. God, she's funny.

And damn... she looks so damn hot in that cheer outfit. Never thought the outfits were that sexy, actually. Just reminded me of the rich spoiled bitches that wore them. Yeah, not even Nina could make it sexy for me. But it was damn sexy now.

Maybe it was the fact that her hair was all messy around her shoulders, or that she was sighin' in her seat, her pointy chin in her hand, while she scrambled on her notebook, lookin' bored and sad. Don't actually know. Maybe she was gettin' under my skin. I end up imaginin' gettin' up, grab her by her shoulders, and just start makin' out in detention room. That would definitely get me suspended. And probably another slap in the face. Don't want that again, it hurts like a bitch.

When Fish Fucker said we could finally leave, everyone moaned in bliss. I gathered my stuff and followed Nacio outside. We had a job to do, tonight. But first, I had to get to my real-world part-time job at the local carwash – living the dream over here!

"Gonna get late again?" Nacio asked, adjustin' his red hat on his shaved skull.

"A little." I admitted, sighin' "But it's cool. I worked my ass off yesterday. They'll let this one slide."

"Lucky for you. My boss has been annoyin' me 'cause my detentions are pillin'. So not cool, man...!"

"Rai!"

I heard the female voice and looked over my shoulder, as Nacio and I got to the parkin' lot. Whitney Gordon was runnin' through the school's front lawn. The sunset was glowin' behind the red brick buildings of the school, and her copper hair looked like fire around her smilin' face. Damn... she was so damned beautiful!

"Wait up!"

I played with my car keys, waitin' for her to get to us.

"Wait... a sec..." She said, pantin', one hand to her chest "Wow! I need to start running again. Sorry. I wanted to thank you... huh... face to face."

"I'm, uh, going inside," Nacio said, openin' the car door; smart kid.

"I said it's okay. It was nothin'."

"You got detention. That's not nothing" She said, frownin', playing with her hair, flippin' it over her shoulders.

"I'm used to it." I assured her, shruggin' "Look, I gotta go, I'm late. It was nothin', don't sweat it."