13 - Rai

Rai

Holy crap.

Holy shit!

Qué chingados!

I was goin' out with Whitney Gordon.

Me! Cabrón Raimundo Vega is goin' out with hot mama, beautiful, gorgeous, blue-eyed, bright smile Copper Girl, Whitney Gordon!

"Hey, vato."

Tito called me but I don't give a shit! I'm still starin' at her text. She said yes! She's goin' out with me!

Granted, she kinda didn't have much of a choice. And she should've said no, 'cause that would mean she couldn't care less about what people thought about her. But she does care, so, she's goin' out with this pendejo.

"You're scarin' me, puto." Tito whispered and I look at him, frowning "You're grinning like a complete fool. Whassup?"

Should I tell him? It would make me look like a God to him and the other guys. But that also meant they would sneak on us durin' the date. And, as astonishing as it might sound, I wanted time alone with Whitney. I wanted to talk to her alone. Just her and I. Don't care about any other shit, anyone else. Just the two of us, talkin' and eatin'.

Mierda!

Where was I takin' her to eat?! That girl probably has tried every single restaurant in town like hundreds of times before. And worse, she had Diabetes. What could she eat? Could she go to a Mexican restaurant? Could she eat spicy food, or was that completely off bounds?

Mierda! Cojones!

I hit my answer on my phone, as quickly as I could manage.

"7. Is there somethin' u can't eat at all?"

"Just name a place. I'll worry about my eating, thnk u very much."

Huh. Being a smartass again, was she? Fine. If she was thinking I was gonna let her get the wheel in this thing, she's way off.

"Give m ur nbr. I'll text u d place."

"U'r dreaming. Not in a million years. Its too much being connected on social media as it is."

"Then I'll pick u up."

The next reply was her number and a finger flippin' me off.

God, this girl was gonna make me crazy!

***

Friday didn't come fast enough. I found myself distracted numerous times, thinkin' about the date with Whitney. Shit. She's an A girl. She's the type of girl a guy drools about his entire life and knows he'll never get a shot at. But Rai Vega's gonna have his shoot. She might think she will be off the hook after the date, but she's wrong. I'm gonna woo her, and in the end, she'll be beggin' me to be with her.

And then what, genius? What seems to be the whole plan?

"Hey, pendejo. Are you listenin' or what?" Jorge whispered in my ear.

I stared at mi primo. We were doin' a deal with a really heavy organization. The room was dark except for a bright light over the roundtable.

Santiago was the one sitting, right in front of an Asian man. They were now starin' at each other like the loser would be the one to blink first.

"Ten G's don't even cover for my staff's pay." Santiago said, opening his cigarette case; the face of Maria still made me shiver "Twenty is my last offer."