22 - Carlie

Carlie

Couldn't believe my dads let Whitney go out! It was the third time that year. Were they sick?! Maybe they were dying!

"I need to go shopping." I heard Daddy say, as he picked his jacket by the front door "And to do the inventory with Seth, at the bakery."

"Want help?" Dad said, by the door, his hands in his cream slacks' pockets.

"Thank you." Daddy smiled and gave him a soft kiss on the lips "It's ok. But, if you want to help me with the house shopping, I'll really appreciate it."

"I meant about the inventory." Dad said, with a grumble, and I saw Daddy sigh and roll his eyes, smiling "Don't give me that! You know Seth's been checking you out since you hired him!"

"Can't believe this! You're actually jealous!" Daddy laughed, gathering his wallet and zipping his dark coat.

"Not jealous. Just disgusted" Dad assured him, but I smiled, 'cause he really was jealous.

"Look. Seth's just an employee." Daddy assured him, his voice a low whisper, as his hands circled Dad's stern face "I have a gorgeous wonderful husband at home. Why would I even look at that kid?"

"Fine." Dad grunted, his foot tapping on the hardwood floor "Still. I'm going with you."

"Jesus..." Daddy said, rolling his eyes, but I knew he was happy for having his husband care "Alright, you dummy... Let's go shopping first. Carlie?"

He called me, and I smiled from the living room arch. Daddy laughed.

"You little devil. You were hearing?" Daddy asked, pulling my ponytail.

"Can I go to Mac's? Since you're going shopping..."

"Sure. Do you need anything from the store?" Dad asked, kissing my head.

I bit my lower lip and knew I was blushing.

"What, honey?" Dad asked, frowning and lowering so he could meet my eyes; he was reeeeally tall!

"I need... something" I mumbled, and they changed a worried look.

"Ok... What is it?" Dad asked, carefully, smiling so I would relax.

"I need... a woman's... thing"

"Conditioner?" Daddy asked, frowning.

"No." I growled "I need... Pads."

I heard Daddy shriek, and then his arms were around me like I just did the most wonderful thing ever! I laughed, 'cause both of them were laughing and hugging me. Geez... I would never hear the end of this...! Next thing I know, Jackie would throw a damn party, and Whitney would tell the entire world that her baby sister was now a baby woman!

"Embarrassing!" I moaned when Dad kissed my face like a crazy person "Dad!"

"My baby girl is a woman!" He smiled "We gotta tell Jackie! And Whit! Tonight we'll have a special dinner!"

"Oh, man..." I moaned, my hand to my face "Please, don't! It's just stupid blood!"

"Ugh. Carlie..." Daddy moaned, shivering, and Dad laughed.

"C'mon. It's just stupid woman disgusting thing" I moaned again, and they were still smiling like they won the lottery.

"No way, baby girl. You're having a party! Oh, they'll love to hear this at the synagogue, next week!" Daddy was chanting, as he grabbed my red jacket.

"Daddy! You're not telling people I got my period!" I grunted as we walked into our black car.

"Sure I am! It's an important event!" Dad said, as he got behind the wheel "Greg, our girl's a woman!"

"Oh my God!" I moaned, as they got the car from the garage.