Platform 9¾

Rose Weasley beamed with excitement as she walked through King's Cross Station beside her mother, father, and younger brother Hugo.

At eleven years old, it was finally her turn to go to the school that every young witch and wizard living in England were invited to attend. Her cousin, James Potter, had started his schooling there 1 year earlier, which had only excited Rose more.

From the day that she got her books, supplies, and most importantly, her wand, Rose had been preparing herself for her first day at the beautiful school of Hogwarts. She had skimmed through all of her textbooks and even tried a spell or two, under the supervision of her mother of course.

Her parents, Ron and Hermione Weasley, were famous during the war against Voldemort, and had been essential to his defeat. With her uncle, Harry, they had formed the iconic golden trio that every history textbook was dedicated to. Rose was very proud of her parents to say the least.

Rose took hold of her cart and after making sure no muggles were looking, she ran through the magical barrier that hid Platform 9¾ from muggles, and stepped out into the crowd of wizards and witches, who were yelling and pushing carts around. Owls hooted, cats meowed, and the occasional toad made a leap in the air, away from its owner.

Rose's very own owl, Ginger, sat in a cage on her trunk. Ginger had been Rose's 11th birthday present, and she'd been ecstatic. She still was excited to have her very own owl. Her uncle had told her to get an owl, and said it was the smartest choice, as it was a pet and it could also deliver letters for her.

The rest of her family appeared behind her, through the magical barrier.

"Ready to go find Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny?" Asked Hermione. "I said we'd meet them at 10:30 and it's 10:23 right now. Oh, there they are!"

Rose and her family rushed over to the Potters. James, who was 12, was talking animatedly to a girl wearing a Gryffindor tie while Albus stood next to his mother, Ginny, watching the many witches and wizards rushing around the station. The youngest Potter child, Lily, sat on her father, Harry's, shoulders, smiling at the approaching Weasleys.

"Hi!" Lily exclaimed, leaping from Harry's shoulders to hug Hugo. "I can't wait to go to Hogwarts. 2 whole years!"

Lily sighed dramatically.

"It'll be there before you know it," Hermione said warmly, hugging her niece. "You and your brothers are growing up so quickly!"

As the adults discussed how big their children were getting, Rose turned to Albus.

"I can't believe it," Rose smiled. "We're finally going to Hogwarts. We can hang out in the common room every day and do homework together. I'm sure we'll both be in Gryffindor."

"I'm really excited," Albus started, "but I'm kind of worried. James has been saying that I'll be in Slytherin all day. I won't, will I?"

"Of course not," Rose assured him. "But even if you are, there's nothing wrong with it."

"I know, but still. I'm worried."

"Okay, ready to go?" Ron grinned and picked up Rose's trunk. He glanced over towards the train and then looked again in surprise.

"See that boy there?" Ron asked, glancing towards a boy with platinum blonde hair standing quietly next to a taller man who he resembled greatly and a tired looking woman with high cheekbones and dark hair brushed over her shoulders.

"That's Scorpius Malfoy. His father and I never got along. Make sure you beat him in everything. With a brain like yours, I know you can." Ron grinned.

"Ron," Hermione reprimanded. "You've never even met the boy! Just because you didn't like his father doesn't mean he isn't a good person."

"Alright," Ron laughed. "It's time to get on the train. Do you need any help with your trunk?"

"I'm okay," Rose replied, gripping her trunk and owl. "Bye dad."

Rose hugged both her parents, her uncle, and her aunt, and boarded the train with Albus.