The Library

The next day was a Sunday, and Rose decided that she really needed to study. The dance was in less than a week, and she wanted to get all her work done by then. After slipping into a comfortable outfit, Rose tied her hair into a ponytail and started walking down to breakfast when she heard a shout behind her.

"Rose!" Lily exclaimed, racing up to meet her. 

"Hey, Lils," Rose replied, walking alongside her cousin.

"Are you going with anyone to the Halloween Ball?" Lily asked, wiggling her eyebrows comically. 

"No, I don't think so," Rose replied. "I mean, I would, but I don't fancy anyone at the moment, so-"

"You're telling me that nobody in this entire castle is good enough for Rose Weasley," Lily joked, pursing her lips.

"I just don't fancy anyone," Rose shrugged, but she knew she was thinking of someone. And from the look on Lily's face, she could tell.

"You may be good at hiding things from everyone else, but I'm your cousin," Lily said seriously. "I see the way you look at him. And I know you like him, even if it's just a little bit."

"Scorpius and I are just friends," Rose scoffed. "And even if I did want to go with him, he could get any girl at this school."

"Still," Lily replied. "I didn't say who I was talking about, but you knew. I know you more than anyone - maybe even Albus - and I know you like him more than a friend."

The two girls arrived at the Great Hall, and Lily took that as an opportunity to sprint off and sit with some of her friends at the Gryffindor table. Rose rolled her eyes a little and sat down next to her three best friends. As soon as she sat down, Emilia began to tell them more about her and Albus, and that they'd spend the rest of the day yesterday together. 

As Emilia continued to talk, Rose felt her eyes drift over to the Slytherin table. Her eyes settled on Scorpius and she sighed inwardly. Did she really like him? She returned her gaze to her friends sitting with her and joined in halfheartedly to the conversation, sneaking glances towards Scorpius once in a while. At one point he caught her eye and smiled slightly. Rose quickly glanced away, and smiled to herself.

She had to get herself together; there was no way she was falling for a Malfoy.

After Rose finished breakfast, she began to walk to the library. The more she thought about it, the more sure she was that she liked Scorpius. She thought about how he acted towards her. Would it really be crazy if he liked her too? They had been spending a lot of time together, and not just because they were Head Boy and Girl. 

Rose entered the library, set down her books, and began to write her essay for Transfiguration. She finished her essay quickly, packed up her books, and quills, and prepared to leave. She began to walk towards the door when she realized that there was a book she'd been meaning to read for a while. Rose walked towards the section where she assumed the book was. She had barely been looking through the shelf when she heard some noises on the other side of the bookcase.

She glanced around the books to see two figures snogging next to the bookcases, and rolled her eyes. Couldn't they find somewhere that wasn't the library to do that kind of stuff? Rose was about to tell them off when she realized who they were. The girl appeared to be Maureen Larkin, the most annoying girl on earth. But the boy's platinum blonde hair was what caught her attention. 

It was Scorpius Malfoy.

A/N: First of all, sorry it's been months since I updated this story, AND sorry that the chapter is so short. However, I'm going to try to finish it - and not take like 7 month breaks. Second, thank you so much for 6k reads!? That's unreal haha. Anyways... hope you enjoy.