Interrogation

Later that night, Rose found herself sitting in her dormitory, surrounded by Lily and her other four best friends.

"So," Lily began, the corners of her lips twitching upwards. "What happened? All I see is you and Scorpius walk off... feel like telling me what happened?"

At that, Rose felt herself blush, and opened her mouth to begin talking.

"Well," she began, "I went over to talk with Al, and while I was over there, Scorpius started asking me why I decided to go with McLaggen."

"That's a good question," Aurelia said, smirking a little. "Why did you go with McLaggen? It's no secret you hate him."

"She had a pretty good reason," Lily said slyly. "Right, Rose?"

"Why did you?" Asked Jessica, interested now.

"You can tell them," Rose addressed Lily, biting her lip. "I don't feel like it."

"Well," Lily started, "Rose here has a little thing for Scorpius Malfoy. And I'm sure you're all aware of his and McLaggen's rivalry."

"Wait, you fancy Malfoy?" Emilia asked, grinning. Rose blushed even more red.

"The plan was to make Malfoy jealous?" Asked Aurelia. 

"Yeah, I guess so," Rose answered weakly.

"So, let's find out the real news," Lily said. "Did it work?"

Feeling all four pairs of eyes trained on her, Rose forced herself to look up at them and nod.

"Wait, so you're saying that Scorpius Malfoy told you he fancied you and made out with you in the rain, all in the same night?" Lily asked, sounding impressed.

"Not like that," Rose replied quickly. "We kissed a few times, but we didn't make out."

"And what about the Maureen situation?" Jessica added. "I mean, they're always together."

"He said it was to make me jealous," Rose explained. "Not that I really believe that, though. I mean, why would he like me if he could have any girl in the whole school."

"Because you're Rose Weasley!" Lily exclaimed. "Don't tell me you don't know that more than half the boys at this school want to date you."

Rose laughed at her cousin. She knew Lily had a tendency to exaggerate things, and she was sure this was one of the times.

"What about McLaggen?"Aurelia smirked.

"He said he just went with me because we looked good together," Rose rolled her eyes. "Head Girl, Gryffindor Quidditch Captain."

"So are you two dating, or..." Jessica trailed off.

"No, not officially," Rose shrugged. "I think we're taking things slow."

"Ugh," Lily complained. "Well, you better update me on everything that happens."