Seventh Year

Six Years Later

For the seventh time, Rose Weasley strolled through King's Cross Station, towards the barrier between Platforms 9 and 10. Just like every other year, Rose pushed her trolley with her trunk and owl balanced precariously on it.

Several muggles looked curiously at her trolley, or more particularly at her and her brother's owls. Rose always laughed when she remembered the time that Rose, Hugo, James, Albus, Lily, and various other cousins had all made it to King's Cross Station together and a muggle man and his wife had almost fainted after seeing the many owls carried by the Hogwarts students.

"Here we are," smiled Hermione, stopping at the barrier.

Rose strode towards the barrier and stood casually next to it, as a group of muggle tourists walked by. As they hid her from sight, Rose slipped through the barrier and into Platform 9¾. She was quickly joined by Hugo, her mother, and her father.

"Where are Harry and Ginny?" Asked Ron, craning his head over the crowd of Hogwarts students.

"There they are!" Hermione exclaimed, pointing at 5 figures in the distance. The figures began to wave and walked over to join them.

"Wow, Hugo! You're a prefect!" Ginny said with a smile. "And Rose! Head Girl!" Ginny hugged Rose. "Good job!"

"I know," said Hermione fondly. "Lily and Hugo are prefects together. And Albus! Quidditch captain! I swear, practically every spot in this school will be taken up by Potters and Weasleys... I do wish Albus had been Head Boy though."

"My Albus?" Harry joined into the conversation. "He personally told me that he'd rather eat a blast ended skewt than be Head Boy. Something about too much responsibility."

"But I do feel bad for the other kids," Ron said. "Maybe Rita Skeeter was right; maybe the Weasleys are taking over the world."

"So, James," Rose turned to her older cousin. "Why are you here? Not that I don't enjoy seeing you, but I have a feeling you're not here to see off your beloved brother. So what's the occasion?"

"I told you," Albus smirked at James. "Alice isn't coming."

"Wait, Alice Longbottom?" Rose asked, her eyes wide. "You still fancy her? Wait till Jess finds out..."

"Jessica will not find out anything," said James defensively. "And for your information, Alice told me she'd be here. And it's not too much of a surprise. I've fancied her for a long time."

"Nope," Albus replied. "She's not here. I just saw Jess and Frank, and Alice isn't there."

"Well, she could be somewhere else," said James. "I'll go find her."

"You'd better get on the train," exclaimed Hermione, as James walked through the crowd.

"Ok," Rose said, adjusting her Head Girl badge on her robes. "Bye mum, bye dad." She said as she hugged her parents.

"Bye Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny!" She called out as she carried her trunk and owl onto the train.

"Do you have any idea who the Head Boy is?" Asked Rose curiously.

"Yup," Albus smiled. "But I'm not telling you."

"Al!" Rose exclaimed. "Just tell me!"

"You'll find out soon enough," Albus winked.

"Fine..." Rose frowned, annoyed.

"Want to find a seat?" Asked Albus as they boarded the train.

"Sorry, I have to sit in the prefect compartment, you know..." Rose said apologetically. "But I mean, more time by yourself with Emilia."

"Shut up," Albus shoved Rose's shoulder, blushing furiously.

"You're not even denying it," winked Rose. "See you at school, Al!"

Rose hugged Albus and made her way to the front of the train, to the compartment with the Prefects and Head Boy.

"Hey, Lil," Rose greeted Lily in the compartment. "Excited to be a Prefect?"

"Yup," Lily smiled. "I heard the prefects bathroom is amazing."

"It's really nice," smiled Rose. She had been a Prefect in her fifth year, and had been ecstatic that she had become Head Girl. It had been hard to tell who had been more excited about it; Rose or her mother.

Hugo entered the compartment along with two other people. Rose recognized two Ravenclaws, a girl named Arielle Marlin and a boy named Zachary Boot. Soon, Marlene Sheppard and Franco Xavier of Hufflepuff and Jack Cavil and Marisa Clare of Slytherin joined them.

"Alright, I guess we're just waiting for the Head Boy, then," Rose said reassuringly. "Hopefully he'll be here soon enough."

Rose, Hugo, and Lily talked for a while until the compartment door slid open and the Head Boy stepped in. Rose tried to hide her frustration as Scorpius Malfoy stepped into the compartment. She saw Albus, Alexander, and Goyle walk off as Malfoy sauntered into the compartment.

"Well, I guess he's here now," Rose said masking her annoyance with a smile and warm tone.

After Rose and Scorpius-- well, mostly Rose -- had told the new Prefects what to do, the prefects headed out into the hallways to patrol. Rose frowned and opened her book bag and took out Hogwarts, A History; The Revised Edition edited by Hermione Granger, Rose's mum.

As the train stopped, Rose joined her friends and walked towards the carriages and Thestrals that she knew existed but were invisible to her.

Rose, Jessica, Emilia, and Aurelia got into a carriage and rode towards Hogwarts for their seventh year at Hogwarts.