Laughter

After lunch, Rose, Jessica, and Emilia were joined by a girl named Aurelia Wood, another Gryffindor.

"We have Herbology next," said Aurelia as she glanced down at her time table, twirling a strand of black hair in her finger.

"With my dad!" Jessica exclaimed, laughing.

Rose had known Neville Longbottom, or as she knew him, "Uncle Neville," for years, and she and Jessica had known each other for quite a while. She and Jessica had never really talked much though. When she thought about it, Rose had never really had many close friends outside her large web of cousins.

Sure, Rose had plenty of friends, but her best friends had always been her cousins. Rose remembered the summers she'd spent with Dominique, begging their parents for a spare knut or two to buy a piece of candy from Honeydukes, or how Roxanne had practiced playing keeper with her every day one summer until she could effortlessly block a goal. But her best friend had always been Albus. Well, now Rose was pretty sure Albus had found a new best friend; Scorpius Malfoy. Rose tried not to be too resentful to Al and Scorpius, but she couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy that she'd been replaced, and by a Malfoy of all people! But as long as Al was happy...

"Hey, earth to Rose," Aurelia said, snapping her fingers in Rose's face, laughing.

"Oh, sorry," Rose replied sheepishly. "Just thinking."

"Well," Aurelia stated, "we have to go to Herbology, with Jess's dear father. We don't want to be late on the first day."

"Whatever you say, Rey," Jessica drawled sarcastically and then burst into a fit of giggles. The way she said it reminded Rose of the way her dad sometimes imitated the way Draco Malfoy said "my father will hear about this," in school.

Out of nowhere, the three other girls all joined in laughing, almost laying in a heap on the floor.

"I don't even understand," giggled Emilia. "This isn't even funny!"

"Okay, but seriously," Aurelia said between laughs. "We really have to get to class."

"Hogwarts is honestly just as amazing as everyone makes it out to be," Rose said, addressing her friends.

"I know!" Emilia exclaimed, almost knocking over her glass of pumpkin juice in her excitement.

"I liked transfiguration the most," replied Rose, examining her fingernails. "Merlin, I'm a carbon copy of my mum, aren't I?"

"You really are," smiled Aurelia. "And I bet you're the only one who even paid attention in History of Magic."

"What?" Rose countered, laughing. "It's interesting!"

"Only you, Rose," grinned Jessica.

Whatever Rose was going to say next was interrupted by a large owl making its way towards her. It dropped a letter on her plate and sat there, watching her. Rose opened the letter and read it.

Dear Rose,

I know you have Friday afternoons off, so what would you say about joining me for tea at around three? I've sent letters to the rest of the Potter-Weasley clan, but thought you'd all like to come over.

Tell me all about your first week. Congratulations on becoming a Gryffindor!

Hagrid.

Rose quickly and eagerly scribbled the reply of "thank you! I'll see you then!" and sent the note back with the owl, giving it a small piece of meat.

"What was that?" Asked Jessica, intrigued.

"Oh, just a note from Hagrid." Rose replied, tucking the letter into her robes.

The girls were sitting in the common room, finishing up their minimal homework when Victoire rushed into the room, smiling ecstatically.

"Teddy wrote to me already," she grinned. "It was so romantic!"

She collapsed and practically melted into a couch. At once, the other seventh year girls rushed towards Victoire to read the letter.

Rose laughed to herself. Victoire was easily one of the calmest and most composed girls Rose knew. Well, unless Teddy was in the picture. Then Victoire melted, and was the happiest anyone ever saw her.

"Once you get out of school, you have to marry him," murmured Elena Clearwater dreamily.