Just Like Amortentia

"Because I like you, okay?"

Realizing what he had said, Scorpius went quiet, turning away from Rose.

"What did you say?" Asked Rose quietly, not exactly believing what she'd heard.

"Nothing," Scorpius said, clearly embarrassed. "You obviously don't like me. So just forget I said anything, okay?"

"No!" Rose yelled out, and then realized how loud she'd been. "I mean, that's not true."

"What isn't," Scorpius replied, turning around slowly to face her.

"I mean, I do like you," Rose said slowly. "But if you like me, then why are you always around Maureen? How am I supposed to believe what you're saying if the only thing I ever see is you two together?"

"This is going to sound really stupid," he replied.

"Just tell me," Rose said. "I just want the truth, okay?"

"Because I tried to make you jealous," he admitted. "I figured that if I was with her constantly and you saw, that maybe you'd care or something... but I guess I just realized that I'd only ever be Al's best friend to you."

Scorpius bit his lip, and Rose noticed how upset he really looked. It was more than just embarrassment; she could tell that he really did care about what she thought.

"I said too much, didn't I?"

"No," Rose said softly, smiling a little. "You said just enough."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and got onto her tiptoes, leaning in towards him. She closed her eyes, and soon after, felt Scorpius's lips on hers. She felt like there were fireworks going off everywhere around her, and in that moment, she felt like everything was perfect.

When Rose finally pulled away, the first thing she realized it was raining. They'd walked all the way over to the quidditch pitch while they were talking, and she hadn't even noticed. Wrapped in Scorpius's arms, she noticed that he smelled mildly of peppermint, and of course, his shampoo.

Struck with a realization, she smiled and wrapped her arms around Scorpius tighter. Everything around her at that moment was something she'd smelled in potions weeks before.

All those smells together smelled just like her amortentia.

AN: Sorry this chapter is super short. It probably could have been part of the last one, but I kind of thought that it deserved its own chapter.

Anyways, finally, right?!