Proposals and More Quidditch

As Lily and Rose walked down to the Great Hall for dinner, they were approached by a group of Slytherins.

"Good job at tryouts," smiled Albus, hugging his sister and Rose. "Your team is really good. Too bad we have to face each other." He joked.

"When are your tryouts?" Rose asked. "Have you decided on a day yet."

"Ours are tomorrow at 5," Albus stated. "But you don't have to go. It'll probably be pretty bad."

"Are you kidding me?" Laughed Rose. "Of course I'm coming."

"So am I," Lily chimed in.

"Okay," Albus replied. "But I doubt our tryouts will go really well. I mean, it's my first year as Captain..."

"I'm sure there'll be more people trying out than ever," Rose said as they continued to walk down to the Great Hall. I mean, everyone will want to be on the same team as Harry Potter's son."

"Yeah, I hope you're right," Albus replied.

"I'm always right," Rose grinned as they entered the Great Hall.

"See you!" Lily waved as they walked towards the Gryffindor table.

Lily and Rose sat down next to Louis, Jessica, Aurelia, and Emilia. She started to fill up her plate when a small gray owl fluttered over to her and held out its leg with a three letters. Rose gingerly untied the letters and the owl flew away. They were addressed to her, Lily, and Louis, so she handed the letters to them and opened hers. The handwriting was clearly Victoire's, but the writing looked hurried and excited. Intrigued, Rose began to read.

Dear Rose,

Hi! It's Victoire. I don't have a lot of time to write, but I just wanted to tell you something. This morning, Teddy proposed, and honestly I still feel like it was some crazy dream. I can't say everything like I want to in a letter, but I'll tell you everything when you come home from Hogwarts. We don't know the exact date, but we do know that the wedding will be around Christmas, during your break, and you'll be a bridesmaid of course. See you then!

Love, Victoire

Rose stared at the letter for a second before stifling a little scream. She turned over to Lily and Louis.

"Vic's getting married!" Squealed Lily, dancing around in her seat. "I can't believe it!"

"Yup," Louis said. "My sister's getting married."

"I can't wait!" Lily exclaimed. "She's getting married! To Teddy! He'll be really part of the family. I mean, he already is practically my brother, but---"

"We know, Lily," Louis grinned.

"Sorry," she sighed, setting her head on her hands. "I just can't believe it!"

The next afternoon, Rose and Lily trudged down to the Quidditch pitch, and took seats in the stands. From where they were, they saw Albus talking at a group of Slytherins who were obviously trying out for chaser.

Just as Rose had predicted, there were tons of Slytherins trying out for the Quidditch team, many more people than the Gryffindor tryouts. A group of girls who had obviously come only to blush and giggle behind their hands, gawking at Albus and looking idiotic.

After making them fly laps, Albus divided the Slytherins up into groups and set them to work. He walked around, occasionally talking to someone or giving them advice.

The tryouts went by relatively quickly, and by the end of it, the Slytherin Quidditch team was looking pretty good. Albus was obviously the seeker, while Oliver Zabini, Farrah's younger brother, became keeper. Farrah Zabini and Alexander Nott were the beaters. Finally, the chasers were decided to be Scorpius Malfoy, Maureen Larkin, and a boy named Martin Yareli who Rose had never even seen before in her life.

"Glad that's over," Albus said after the tryouts ended. "It's so much pressure."

"You did fine," Rose assured him. "And it looks like you have a really good team."

"Thanks," he replied. "I mean, mostly everyone on the team this year was part of the team last year or even earlier on. But Martin's really talented, especially for a fourth year. And I'm surprised Maureen was one of the best chasers. I can't stand her."

"If you hate her that much, why did you let her on the team?" Lily asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because as much as I don't like her, you can't deny talent," Albus shrugged.

"I guess you're right..." Lily frowned.

"Al, ready to go back to the common room?" Scorpius called out from where he was standing with Alexander and Farrah.

"One sec, Scorpius," Albus called back. "Well, see you two," he addressed Rose and Lily.

"See you," Rose replied a bit glumly.

She hadn't really expected much time with Al, but still. She hated to admit it, but she was mildly jealous of Scorpius Malfoy. He had become her cousin's best friend in their first year, and she and Albus had grown apart. Not badly-they still got along- but they weren't as close as they were when they were kids. It was predictable, but it still bothered her a little. Because Scorpius visited Al over the summer, she knew him well enough, but she wouldn't say they were friends.

"Let's head back up to the common room," Lily said, dragging Rose back towards the castle. "We can even study if you want."

"Really funny Lils," Rose laughed, and they walked back towards the castle.

AN: Hi to the one of two people who read this! Sorry if these parts seem slow or boring, I'm just trying to build a plot. Please comment and let me know what you think! ❤︎