Chapter 14 - Another Article and Wedding Plans.

3 months had passed since Christmas and everything was going great.

Hadrian had thought that being engaged to the man would make him feel different and that the relationship between them had changed. But that didn't happen, Tom still doted on him hand and foot, they still kissed, they still talked to one another and they still didn't want to leave each others side, the relationship had not changed it had only become even more solid.

Hadrian had also decided that every 3 months it was time to do another article so a few days previous he had sent a letter to Rita, under the guise of Harry Collins about another topic. Since the truth was coming Hadrian decided it was time for the world to know what happened to Harry Potter in all of the years he was at Hogwarts.

So the first article on this was going to be about his 1st year at the school and how that went. The paper arrived early that morning in the beak of Hedwig, it read:

Bad First Year?

Mr Collins once again surprised me with a letter, we have discussed this and he is going to send me a letter every 3 months of different topics, I was quite shocked when I read this first one.

It was all about Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts, we all expect our children to have a great first year, but this is not the case with Mr Potter.

First no one told him he was a wizard until the day Hagrid, keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts, came to get him. He then was not told how to get onto the platform he had to be on, this led him to the Weasley's, when I replied with why that was important Mr Collins told me of something that Mr Potter was always thinking.

"He told me that he thought it all was a set up, what chances of the Weasley family being there at that point in time to help the boy out? Slim to none, I agree with Harry, they were sent to be there in order to make sure they were the first to meet him." Mr Collins told me in the letter he sent back.

When you think about it, it does make sense. The Weasley are always hanging of Mr Potter and we all know that half the time they walk into danger.

As soon as the boy was in Hogwarts things started getting worse, Draco Malfoy offered Mr Potter a hand in friendship but Mr Potter turned it down. Mr Collins told me that Harry regretted doing that and when I asked why his answer shocked me.

"Harry was told by Hagrid, Ron Weasley and his family as well as Hermione Granger that Slytherin's were evil and that there was not a single witch or wizard that went bad in Slytherin. Harry was new to the wizarding so he believed them so he asked the hat to put him in Gryffindor, however the hat said he would be best in Slytherin. This is when Harry began to doubt his choice." Mr Collins told me in the letter.

After that Mr Potter found the mirror of Erised, also known as the mirror of Desire in which he saw his parents. He found his parents with him when he looked into the mirror as it showed what the heart desires the most. Then Mr Potter learned of the Philosopher's stone, a magical artefact that transformed any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of life, which made the drinker immortal.  

I am shocked that the headmaster allowed an artefact like this to be put into a school full of children, and I checked it was brought in under his name. On top of this Mr Potter had to deal with a dragon that Hagrid hatched, and a three headed dog named Fluffy also owned by Hagrid.

"Albus Dumbledore basically told Harry to go looking for the stone, it wasn't obvious but Harry always got the feeling that this was a set up. Ron and Hermione were taken down early on and left Harry to face the dark lord on his own, the problem here is that Ron could have avoided that and chose to go through with it. Hermione chose to stay with Ron, who would fine, instead of following her friend to what could have been Harry's death. Then when they came out the two acted as though nothing had gone on." Mr Collins wrote in the letter.