4

When we arrived at Hogwarts I realised I would have to go on a boat with all the first years and no Draco.

"You'll be fine" Draco says already trailing away from me.

I sat in a boat surrounded by all of these other children all "ooooohing" and "ahhhhhing" and i'm just sitting here like it's a boat why is a boat exciting? 

I don't remember anything from then right up until the Sorting hat it's like my anxiety just cut out that part of my brain. I just remember being called up and everyone gasping and whispering.I remember what the sorting hat said clear as day though 

"Ah dear Jewel. You are an unusual one. A bit of all the houses; The loyalty of a Gryffindor; The intelligence and wisdom of a Ravenclaw;  The kindness and heart of a Hufflepuff but you belong in SLYTHERIN."

I walked over and Draco was so happy in fact i haven't seen him smile like that since we were little.

"See I told you you had nothing to worry about. Mother and Father will be so proud of you" I gave him a slight smile "What's wrong now? You got in to Slytherin stop worrying"

"Everyone is still talking about me" I said quietly because i don't like talking in front of people

"But you proved them wrong. If you were a Weasley  you would be in Gryffindor but you're not you're a Malfoy. Seriously the whole thing will blow over stop worrying"

"Yeah I guess" 

At the end of the sorting rumours were going around that Harry Potter and Ron Weasley had came to school in a flying car and had made the whomping willow fall down and that we were all to be sent home because the willow is "unsafe" but I don't think any of that is true except the bit about the flying car. 

We were all lead to the Slytherin common room in the dungeons. The password is "Pure-blood". As if Hogwarts couldn't get any worse but my roomates are Meredith Parkinson (Pansy's sister)and Avery Maddens (a half-blood). I've known Meredith forever but she hates me and Avery seems nice enough but she looks uncomfortable but I would be to if I was anything other than pure-blood in Slytherin. When we got to the common room the older students were having a party so I just went to bed.