10

As we walk to Hogsmeade I feel Blaise's eyes on me basically the whole time. Draco notices too but he doesn't like it.

"Ohhhh no Blaise I think I've left something back in the common room. Girls do you want to go on and we'll get you at The Three Broomsticks?"

"Draco I'll come back with you. Let Blaise and Jewel have their space" Avery smirked at me as she dragged Draco away.

When they started to walk away Blaise held my hand as we walked towards The Three Broomsticks.

"What about them?" I said pointing back to Draco and Avery.

"It's fine they'll catch up"

We sit down at a table and order some butterbeers. Blaise starts asking about how my family is doing , if I enjoy school and just making general conversation.

"Your brother didn't seem to like us together"

"What? Oh um he's fine just protective I suppose"

"I get that. I always wanted a sibling but never got one"

"They aren't all great. I love Draco but sometimes he's worse than our father"

"Speak of the devil"

I look behind me and there is Draco and Avery.

"Sit down then" I gesture towards the seats

"Actually Jewel I need your help picking a present out for mother"

"Oh okay then"

Draco then pulls me away from the table and takes me to a bench around 5 minutes away from The Three Broomsticks. He sits down and then gestures for me to do the same.

"Draco what is this about?"

"Don't go to the Yule Ball with Zabini"

"What?"

"Please El" he hasn't used the name "El since we were children  

"He's your best friend I get that but we can share" I say chuckling

"Exactly and I've seen what he does to girls"

"Draco I have known him just as long as you have. We practically grew up together. I'll be fine"

"If he does anything to you and I mean anything  I will kill him"

"I know"

"Please El just be safe"

We walk back to Avery and Blaise in silence but before we go in Draco just turns to me and says:

"It's not too late to say you can't go to the Yule Ball with him"

"It kind of is"