17

I run to the great hall stopping myself before I go in. I try and get my breathing back to normal and make myself look calm and collected.

I walk down the hall and feel like everyone is staring at me. Oh no. What if they know? What will I do? What will Neville do?

I decide to suck it up and find Avery, Draco and Blaise.

"Did you get your books?" Avery smiled up at me.

"What? Oh yeah, yeah I did." Maybe everyone wasn't staring at me and that was just my guilty conscience.

"Well where are they?" Blaise looks around me.

"Oh um I uh took them to McGonagall's already. Thought it would be to much to carry." I am so bad at lying.

Everyone seems content with that and just goes back to what they were doing.

"Jewel did you get a letter from Father this morning?" Draco asks me.

"No I don't think so."

"Oh well it basically just said that Blaise and Avery are invited to stay in the Easter holidays."

"Wait Avery?" I said confused.

"Yeah we told him that she's a pure blood but her family is French so he won't know them and obviously Blaise is invited because Father loves the fact that you have a pure blood boyfriend with the same prejudices that he has."

"So are you both going to stay?" I looked between them both.

"Of course and anyway your father wrote to my mother and obviously she thinks it's a wonderful idea. She loves the fact that I'm "in" with the Malfoys." Blaise laughs.

"I don't know if I want to stay like obviously I want to be with you two but what if they find out that I come from a muggle. Anyway Draco said he could come to mine if it made me feel more comfortable."

I nod my head and grab a small bowl of soup. The boys are talking about Gryffindors (as per usual) but as soon as I hear Neville's name I perk up.

"Wait what did you say." My head snaps up.

"I just said that there's no way Potter will survive this tournament." Draco sneered.

"No not that. Something about Neville?"

"Oh yeah he was staring over here so I just said "what's he staring at?" Are you okay you've gone a bit pale?" Draco squinted at me.

"Yeah I'm fine but I should probably get going for my detention."

"I'll walk you." Blaise stands up.

We walk out together in silence. I turn around to see Neville staring at me and I could see the pain in his eyes.

"I do love you." Blaise says.

"I know and I love you" I say back a bit confused.

"I guess that's why I'm so protective of you... because I don't want to lose you."

"I know. I don't doubt that you love me."

He leans in and kisses me. I feel so guilty that I would kiss other boys but sometimes I think he's the monster. I do love Blaise and he would never hurt me intentionally. I don't see Neville as anymore than a friend, an acquaintance even. Blaise and I were meant for each other sometimes we just get too..... passionate about things.

I go in to my detention and see a huge pile of books and parchment sitting on a desk in front of McGonagall's.

"Sit down dear. All of your Professors have given me the chapters and the books you've to use and they're all on there."