6

A few weeks ago the Chamber of secrets was opened and written on the wall was "Enemy of the heir beware". The main suspects about who the "heir" is is Harry Potter, Draco and me. Especially since the letter that I gave Snape that everyone thought was "death eater business" but I don't talk even if someone speaks to me I do not open my mouth unless I'm talking to Draco. The only thing that keeps me sane is that I get to go home at Christmas and see Mother and Panther.

"Jewel you coming?" Draco asks if I'm going to his quidditch game against Gryffindor later.

"Draco I don't know. It's just all those people."

"Jewel please" Draco whines

"Okay fine"

"Thank you but I've got to go" and at that he leaves. I go up to the owlery and give an owl a letter for my father that reads:

Dearest Father
I am writing to you about two enquires. One being that I would like to be home and the other being the matter of Panther. I know you said that Panther should stay at home but I need him here. Or you could hit two birds with one stone and bring me home that way I will be with Panther and I will be happy. I am missing you and mother dearly and would love to be home and with my family.

Love Jewel

I give the letter to a snowy white owl hoping that my father would consider bringing me home.

I get back to the common room a few hours later and I am faced with an angry Draco.

"Why?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about" I stutter

"Why would you send that letter to father? He is now saying that I'm obviously "not looking out for you" which I am. I ask you about twenty times a day if you're okay. So why?"

"I don't know I just don't like it here. I have no friends, everyone gossips about me and now everyone thinks I'm capable of opening the chamber of secrets"

"Oh Jewel" Draco sighed "Stop taking everything to heart" He gave me a weak smile "I need to get to the quidditch pitch but I'll see you out there yeah?"

"Course" And with that he got up and went to the door. He hesitated for a second but continued on.

I went up to my dorm where I saw Avery. I have hardly seen her since the first day. She hangs around Ginny Weasley and she has a crush on Dean Thomas. I enter and it is really awkward

"I erm I was just leaving" she looked worried. I wanted to say something but I couldn't my mouth would open but no sound would come out. She started to leave.

"Stay" she looked taken aback

"Um okay?" There was silence "Was it rea..." I knew she was asking about the chamber of secrets.

"No" I interrupted

"Oh okay. So are you going to the quidditch game later?"

"I think so"

"Your brothers playing isn't he?" I just nod "Are you this shy with everyone or is it because I'm only a half blood?" She snapped

"No no no I'm just shy. I didn't even think what it must look like. Sorry"

"It's fine. I'm sorry for snapping it's just everyone in Slytherin dislikes me and I just thought because of your....." She trailed off

"My what?"

"Your family status that you were a pure blood snob like your brother"

"My brother is not a pure blood snob he's really nice, people just don't try and get to know him" Then I snapped

"Sorry but he shouted at Neville because he helped you up when you bumped in to Harry the other day so obviously he is a snob"

"He's just protective" I say through gritted teeth

"Okay sorry"

I cannot wait until Christmas.