11

The weeks fly by and before I know it the Yule Ball is only a few days away.

"Well?" Avery is trying on dresses, so far she's tried on a short pink one, a long and straight blue one and a real princess gown that's gold.

"I love the gold one A"

"So do I but are you sure its not too much?"

"Do you care?" We laugh.

I've already picked out my dress and shoes. I wanted a simple dress so I went for a long gold slip dress and a pair of nude heels with gold detailing.

"Are you nearly done?" Draco shouts through to the changing rooms we are.

"Two secs"

We walk through and Draco starts taking out mother's muggle bank card.

"Only the best for my Jewel" he says imitating our mother.

**DAY OF YULE BALL**
"Jewel hurry up we were supposed to get the boys at the staircase at 8"

I ignore her and add the finishing touches to my look. I am wearing my simple slip dress and shoes with a simple gold make up look with my hair curled and down.

"Wow Jewel"

"Avery you're gorgeous"

"Well it seems we will both be the belles of the ball" we giggle

We leave the common room where people are taking photos before the ball and make our way to the staircase where we are getting the boys.

"Oh my god El" Draco says but Avery shoots him a look "and Avery how did I get so lucky"

"He's right girls. You're beautiful" Blaise says as I walk over to him.

"Ok, ok we're gorgeous we know now let's party"

We all laugh and go in to the hall. I'm a bit nervous because although I'm not as shy as I used to be I'm still very shy and uncomfortable around too many people. Blaise and I have one dance but half way through I get all panicky and run away. I don't check to see if everyone is looking I just run and sit on the stairs where we got the boys. Blaise runs after me. At first I think he is caring and maybe he isn't as bad as my brother made out but I was wrong.

"What was that in there?!"

"I'm s-sorry I just got nervous"

"You embarrassed me in front of half the school"

"I know and I'm sorry"

"You know I could have taken anyone here tonight but I chose you"

"I think I should just go"
I get up and try to leave when Blaise grabs my wrist.

"No you will go in there, smile and look happy to be with me" he twists my wrist more with each word.

I nod I'm too scared to stand up to him. We go back in and Draco and Avery run up.

"Where did you go?" Avery inquires.

"I just needed some air but I'm fine now" I smile up at Blaise trying to hold in tears

"We just saw you run out" Draco interrupts me "can I borrow my sister for a minute?"

"Of course" Blaise looks at down at me "I'll get you at the food table yeah?"

I smile and nod before Draco drags me out of the hall.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course I am you just know how I am around crowds but I'm fine"

"Well maybe you should go back to your roo-"

"No! I just mean I'm fine here" Draco doesn't look too sure.

He just shakes his head as we walk back in. All I can think about is what I've got myself in to.