7

The weeks flew by and before I knew it I was going home for Christmas. I met Draco in the common room and he walked me to the train. Draco decided that he didn't want to come home for Christmas.

"Are you excited to see Mother and Panther?" Draco asked.

"Yes of course" I was reluctant to ask my next question "Draco?" He looked over at me "Do I need to go to the Christmas Eve party?" So basically every year my parents hold a big Christmas Eve "extravaganza" and members of the ministry come and the Daily Prophet does a special on it but in other years me and Draco would be sent to bed at around 11pm but now that we are both at Hogwarts and we are older we have to stay downstairs and socialise.

"Mother would be upset and disappointed if you didn't go but father would be angry and we need to look like a picture perfect family. So yes Jewel you do need to go."

When I got on the train I found an empty compartment and got out my book of "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" it's a school book but I find it fascinating reading about all the different species. When the train started to move the boy that helped me up when I fell burst in to my compartment.

"No.......more........seats" He said between breaths "Can I-"  I nod "I'm Neville by the way" I just smile " And you are......?"

"Jewel" I say in a very quiet voice.

"Oh yeah you're Malfoy's sister." I don't move "The one that fell?"

"Um yeah i suppose I am" We didn't talk for the rest of the way home.

When I got off the train my Mother was there to greet me.

"Hurry now darling, we don't have much time" my mother said slightly pushing me. "How is school?"

"It's fine"

"Really? From the letters you sent you'd think that you were being held prisoner. Your Father isn't impressed with the stunt you pulled with those letters. Really Jewel you know what he's like"

"I know. I was just having trouble settling in that's all"

"Aw Jewel my little red gem" My mother smiled at me.

My father is scary when he is calm nevermind when he is angry. I was terrified to go home.