8

When we got home my father wasn't home he was busy doing something for the ministry. We were greeted by Dobby.

"Ah Miss Malfoy. Welcome home"

"Thank you Dobby. Where is Panther?"

"He is in your room Miss eagerly waiting your return"

I go to run upstairs when my mother shouts "Jewel tomorrow you and I are going shopping for the party. We're going to get you a nice dress"

"Yes Mother." I run in to my room and Panther jumps on me. "Aw Panther I missed you so much. Were you treated right? Did they remember to care for you?" Panther purred and licked my face. I lay on my bed with Panther playing on my chest. I must have fallen asleep because i was awoken an hour later by my father screaming.

"WHERE IS SHE? JEWEL COME OUT NOW!"

"Father i'm here I must've fallen asleep" I  said bursting out of my room. 

"You missed dinner." My father sneered at me "What are you playing at Jewel?"

"I am sorry that I missed dinner but I fell asleep. It won't happen again"

"I don't  care about dinner. I CARE ABOUT THE LETTERS YOU SEND ME ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOGWARTS!"

"I'm sorry father I was finding it hard settling in but i'm fine now"

"Jewel darling I need help with my hair. You are so good at doing hair." my mum obviously just wanted to save e from my father "Well come on Jewel"

I scuttle upstairs after her and we go into her dressing room that has a huge black vanity and formal clothes. My mother sits down at the vanity and takes her earrings out.

"Jewel you must try harder with your father" she sighs

"Mother I do but he just shouts all the time"

"He just wants his little princess back. You're growing up Jewel and he isn't ready" she hesitates "Hogwarts isn't that bad is it?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine"

"Okay if you say so" After a few minutes of silence my mother starts talking about the party "Blaise is coming to the party"

"Nice I suppose?"

"He'll be a friendly face"

"Yeah okay. I have some holiday reading to do so I better go and do that" I run in to my room and don't leave again.