27. irl

The girls were staying over to Jasper's once again, not that Jasper was complaining. She was loving having Taissa, Sarah, Lily and Stefani there to talk to and have fun with. Granted, she did have Natalia and, more recently, Evan. But Natalia was busy with the wedding and Evan was visiting his family and other friends while the girls were in.

Besides, she couldn't exactly talk to Evan about her feelings towards him.

Sarah, Taissa and Stefani and taken up camp in the living room, with Sarah sleeping on the couch and Taissa and Stefani sleeping on the floor. It was agreed that Lily would sleep in the guest bedroom since she was pregnant, despite the constant refusal of Lily herself.

On one particular night, the 5 girls were sat together, watching a movie.

"Why do they keep making young adult novel series with the last book being broken down into two movies?" Taissa asked around a mouth of popcorn. "It's stupid. I'd never sign on to do that, especially if the book isn't all that long."

"I suspect it's to create more suspense," Sarah replied.

"More like more money," chuckled Jasper. "I mean, what's the point of breaking Allegiant down into two movies when they're not even sticking to the plot?"

"None of the main cast will even sign on for a part 2," Taissa pointed out.

"I don't blame them," mumbled Jasper.

Watching Tris and Four kiss made Jasper think of Evan and all the times she watched him kiss other girls on TV (mainly Taissa, which was kinda strange to think) and Emma (which was utterly disgusting). She started to wonder what it would be like to kiss Evan.

She imagined being in the same situation as she was right now, curled up with Evan with just a bowl of popcorn between them with a movie on. Maybe she'd put a more romantic movie on to set the mood. Then, during one of the romantic scenes, she'd turn to Evan. He'd turn back. They'd make eye contact. They'd lean in. His soft lips on hers. The tender moment -

"Hey Jas!"

- ruined by Stefani.

Jasper looked up to see the 4 girls looking at her.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"You alright?" asked Lily. "The credits have been rolling for like 3 minutes now. We were asking you what you wanted to watch next but you seemed pretty spaced out."

"Yeah, sorry," Jasper said, shaking her head. "Just thinking. What do you guys wanna watch?"

"What were you thinking about?" Taissa asked, bringing her legs up to her chest and resting her head on her knees. Everyone was looking at Jasper now.

"Nothing!" she insisted.

"Evan," Stefani smirked. "I know that face. It's the thinking of boys face. Taissa does it when she thinks about Kendrick."

Taissa threw a pillow at Stefani as Jasper smiled at her friend.

"Shut it, Gaga," Taissa hissed. "Anyways, back to Payes - "

"Okay!" Jasper exclaimed. "Okay. Fine. Yes, I wad thinking about Evan. And, before you guys continue...yes I do think I have feelings for him. I have for a while...that doesn't hepp my case with Emma, does it?"

"Oh, fuck Emma," said Sarah. "You never tried to steal Evan away, you were happy for them even though you hated the bitch. That's all she is; a bitch. Ignore her."

"Have you ever told Evan?" asked Stefani.

Jasper shook his head. "No. I'm too afraid of what he'll say. We've been friends for so long, I don't want to lose that."

"If he's really your friend, this shouldn't effect you guys," Taissa told Jasper.

Jasper knew Taissa was right, but she was still scared. She was afraid that if Evan knew, he might jump to conclusions about why Jasper hated Emma. It never had anything to do with Jasper's feelings for Evan, she just never genuinely liked Emma. Emma never deserved Evan.

In top of that, she just didn't want Evan to feel awkward around her. Especially with the wedding coming up and him agreeing to be her date.

"I'll tell him at some point," Jasper lied, even though she knew she'd probably never tell him.

The girls believed her, though, and their movie marathon continued.