33. irl

The Bride's Maids and the bride were all together getting ready in the same room. Jasper was in the middle of doing Natalia's hair when there was a knock at the door.

"If that's Dustin then go away!" called the Maid of Honor, Natalia's best friend Katie.

"It's not Dustin!" a voice called back.

Jasper paused mid-hair curl. "Evan?"

"That's me," Evan replied. "Is it okay if I talk to my date for a moment?"

All the girls in the room turned to Jasper amd gave her a knowing look. Katie took ovwr doing Natalia's hair as Jasper crossed the room and opened the door just enough so that she cpuld slide out and Evan wouldn't see any of the girls inside, some of which had yet to get dressed.

"What are you doing here? The wedding isn't for a half hour. I'm not even ready," Jasper said.

Besides her hair and makeup, Jasper wasn't completely ready. She was still wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt and her pink painted nails were not yet completely dry.

Evan, however, looked as handsome as ever. He was wearing his suit with his hair done all nice. Jasper couldn't help but look him up and down. Of course, she wasn't surprised. Evan always looked handsome.

"You're telling me the Bride's Maids aren't wearing sweatpants?" Evan asked. Jasper rolled his eyes and playfully hit his shoulder. "Hey now, don't damage the merchandise!"

"Yeah, whatever," Jasper chuckled. "What's up? Is Dustin ready?"

"I wouldn't know, they won't let me in," Evan replied. "I'm not technically a Groom's Man or whatever. Anyways, I actually came to give you something to go with your dress."

From behind his back, pulled out a beautiful pink rose. Jasper's eyes widened and a smile spread across her face.

"Evan, it's so beautiful!" she sighed. "Thank you."

Evan smiled and pushed aside a few strands of hair that had fallen into her face. He placed the floor in Jasper's curled hair.

"There. Perfect," he said. "Like you."

Jasper felt her cheeks heat up as she blushed. She noticed she was so close to Evan, she wished she could kiss him, but she knew she couldn't. Not only was it sort of inappropriate, but it would also ruin her lipstick.

"Thank you, Evan," she repeated. "I have to go get ready. I'll have to meet you at the church."

Evan nodded. "I'll be waiting."

Evan hesitantly kissed Jasper's cheek, luckily not smudging her contour, before turning to leave.

Jasper re-entered the room with a huge smile on her face. All the girls were staring at her, expectantly.

"What are you staring at me for?" she questioned. "It's Nat's big day!"

§§