Prologue

Welcome to the magical world of 'The Magic Pawn Series'! I am thrilled to share 'The Discovery,' the first volume of the series, and I hope it sweeps you away on an enchanting journey. Your reviews and feedback mean the world to me, and I'm eagerly looking forward to diving into discussions and answering all your questions. Your support is truly magical and greatly appreciated – let the adventure unfold, and enjoy every moment of it! ✨

✨ And here's an exciting addition – introducing the official avatar for our enchanting protagonist! 🧙‍♀️✨ Join us in embracing the magic as we embark on this extraordinary journey through 'The Magic Pawn' series. Your support breathes life into the characters, making the adventure even more enchanting. Let the magic unfold, and let the adventure begin! 💫🔮 #TheMagicPawn #FantasyAdventure #Magic #Adventure #BookSeries

----------------------------

The suspect was still unconscious as he sat in the chair we had previously thrown him on. His hands were chained tightly with duct tape onto the chair handles. We had left his feet loose. This guy was not a problem for us. He was just a man who did not have any magic powers; another puppet.

I could not make any further mistakes and let escape any information that would help me find the Magic Pawn. Who else knew that she existed? Who was after her; who was trying to get her involved in their egotistical plans where power took precedence over everything else? How could I protect her from these people when I did not even know who she was?

. It had been difficult for me to squeeze out this piece of information from a man; I had used the best method for such circumstances: torture. Some of them eventually gave in, but others did not say a word. Absurd abnegation. More specific: death by torture.

Was Baldric involved in any way? If so, then it means that he knew about the girl. He had connections that I could never aspire to. Perhaps one of his creatures told him where the girl was hiding. But, is she hiding? Does she even know how important she is to us? Is she even aware of the powers she has? Does she know that her importance is absolute both in protecting the magic world and in destroying it? Or was she simply oblivious to this? Perhaps she went about living her peaceful life being unaware of the burden that had fallen on her shoulders once she became the bearer of powers that exceed even the imagination of wizards.. If that were to happen, then the magical world will no longer be the way we know it. Nothing is more dangerous than a magic pawn that has been touched by darkness.

As the game furthers and comes to an end, life and death will be only inches apart. Then there is her; she appears to alter the end of this game, of this harsh reality that should have developed differently.

In a way, it all happens because of her. If it were not for her, then these greedy people would not have been able to carry their plans into effect. This cold war over who gets the main pawn would not have existed. The world of magic would have gone its own way just as it has until now. Far too easy problems would have been left for me to solve. And Baldric...

My brother was not dead, as we had thought. This would have been much too easy. He only wanted to deceive those far too naive. He had always intended to show up in the midst of chaos, since he was a big part of creating it in the first place. I did not know exactly what, but I knew that Baldric was up to something. The solution? To kill him.

But even with Baldric out of the picture there was still another problem: should the pawn be taken out of the game?

-He's waking up, Mystic said. Finally, some action.

She was anxious. Although she seemed calm and steady, I knew she was only pretending. Just as it was for me, her mind too was repeatedly pleading for something: "Let's hope we find something out this time".