Chapter 17: Time to be honest

Christine woke me up around 11 a.m.

'What are you doing here? Don't you have anything better to do?'

'Is she so grumpy every time she wakes up?' She asked Maggie.

'You get used to it quickly.'

'Come on now; go take a shower and get dressed. The three of us have some talking to do.'

'Do we really have to do this now?'

'Yes', they both said.

'Alright...Where is Camille?'

'She is with Ethan', Maggie replied.

'She is not coming with us to town anymore?'

'Yes, she is. Now move your ass out of bed', Christine rushed me.

I was ready in half an hour. I had put on a pair of high waist tight jeans, a black tank top and some black boots. I had my hair in a ponytail and I was going to take my black leather jacket with me.

'What is this?' Maggie asked pointing to my hair.

I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what she meant by that.

'I understand that you keep your hair in a ponytail when you're going to classes, but we are going out now. Your hair is too beautiful to always have it tied. I think you'd better straighten it and let it loose.'

'But I am just fine the way I am', I fought back, but Maggie had already plugged in the hair straightener.

'And you'd better put on some makeup also. Those black circles around your eyes must be covered', Christine added.

I sighed. I had no chance of getting out of this.

After another half an hour, I was ready.

'Now it is much better', Maggie said. 'You look a bit more alive.'

'Oh, yes. I don't think I have ever seen you so dressed up. You are going to knock Eric off his feet.'

'Errr...Eric? What...what business does he have with this?' I asked stammering.

'Come on...the attraction between you two is too obvious. And I have felt the special connection that you share with him.'

'I don't know what you are talking about.'

They both started to laugh.

'I am glad that I amuse you so much.'

'This is nothing. Wait until the two of you will amuse me today. The way you sometimes act as if you cannot stand each other when in fact all you want is to jump on each other.'

'What? Eric is coming with us?' I jumped as if burned.

'How do you think we can all fit in Maggie's car? It's us three, plus Camille and the Mexicans.'

'Beatrice doesn't like shopping. Can you believe it?'

'And must Eric really come with us?'

'I think this is the last thing he wants to do. Join a gang of girls on a shopping spree', Maggie said amused. 'We'll terrorise him today.'

'I still don't understand why he has to come', I continued commenting.

'So that he can take care of you', Christine said. 'Eric can be so protective when it comes to you. Isn't that nice?'

'NO! Not at all', I said angrily. 'You know very well that I did not ask for this. I did not want to be the Magic Pawn and become a target. Now it seems that I cannot go anywhere outside the campus without having a body guard with me. If Eric had not been able to come today, I am sure that he probably would have had someone follow us. This is the 21st century. Is it a lot to ask for some privacy?'