Chapter 15: In the wrong place, at the wrong time

'You are killing her!' I shouted and came out from my hiding.

They were obviously not expecting this; I took advantage of the fact that I had taken them by surprise and I immediately ran to Annie who was now lying on the ground.

'I beg you. Stop!' I said to Eric with tears in my eyes.

I signalled Mystic and the other man to stay out of this.

'Why must you always be in the wrong place at the wrong time?'

'Eric!?' Mystic called for him.

I was unable to control myself anymore and I panicked.

It was clear; I was going to end up in the same situation as the unconscious girl next to me. I wanted to help her. At least she was no longer surrounded by that light – for the time being...But my stupid courage also proved to be my death sentence. And I still could not believe that I had been so attracted to this guy.

'Cut it out', I heard a voice in my head saying.

I was delirious. This was surely one of their spells. I am going to die...I will slowly pass away and...Before I could finish my thought, the voice stopped me.

If you continue complaining like that then you will really end up dead.

Alright...now this was definitely not a spell.

Hey...you are a part of me. Are you my other part; the one that has been trying to take control over me? The one that created the wind, the one...?

Can we leave all this for later?

But... I tried to say.

Shut up and listen to me!

I did not say anything.

You can get yourself out of this and you can also save her. You are very powerful even if you don't realise that. You can kill all three of them, if that is what you want. I know I would love that, but I don't think you share my feelings. In any case, you can distract them. You are very special. In addition to everything else, you also have a sense of all the four elements of nature. You can summon the wind, the water, the earth and the fire. You can control nature – you can create a storm, you can set lightning or...

And how come you know all of this about me and I don't? I interrupted.

Because I am your rational part, I am the magic...I could make sense of what you are able to do a very long time ago. You have used your powers so many times and you were not even aware of that. Some of your dreams were in fact premonitions. You've never paid attention to what was going on around you and the least so to the details. Everything passed you by without you even noticing. You are unique. Your thoughts come to life when you want them to...or I...

Is that why you were trying to take control of me? I asked her ironically.

I was helping you.

This was so strange and crazy to be talking to someone in my head who...was not me. Or was it me? And how was this even possible?

And what is Eric doing? Why is he looking at me like that?

He is hesitant. Since he cannot play with your memories, he is thinking what to do with you. You're welcome, by the way. Thanks to me, he cannot hypnotize you. No constraining spells for you. Well...for us.

Aaa...thank you?

Anyway, Eric would never hurt you. You are too important. Your powers are extraordinary, Katelyn. He wants you for your powers.