eight

louise silently walked through the family apartment, logan following quickly behind. his nose twitched at the scent of cherry blossoms and cinnamon, eyes flickering across portraits of the belcher family:  a photograph of bob and linda etched with fine lines and small streaks of gray hair; another of tina, the eldest, with long black locks, rounded glasses, and the familiar awkward half-smile; gene, the middle child, who had thinned out and held a shiny blue bass on his lap;

and then there was her.

louise was sitting on a blue pool chair, short hair framing her tanned face. the corners of her pink lips were upturned ever so slightly and her eyes the same. logan's steps faltered as he stared at the forest green tank clinging to her upper body, and her crossed legs looking like miles of tan silk. she was absolutely breathtaking and devilish at the same time.

and logan hated that.

he hated the way her hips swayed and how her eyes squeezed shut when she laughed and how she still wore those d*mn bunny ears.

"so this is my room an—"

"oh i didn't know you wanted me to stay with you, four ears," logan smirked as her face flushed with anger, "you didn't even have to ask either." his eyes purposely roamed her short figure.

"you're an absolute imbecile!" louise screeched, storming into her room and slamming the door behind her. logan laughed, and continued when he heard her loud groan of annoyance.

"oh come on louise, you know i didn't mean that." the blond rested on the door frame, head leaning to the right as he ran a hand through his hair. louise opened the door again, tan face molded into pure annoyance. her eyes remained soft, somewhat jovial, while the rest of her face morphed into a small scowl.

"you make me wanna barf, logan," she spat. his eyes playfully narrowed as he took a step back in mock horror. her scowl faded to a large plastic grin.

"the door behind you is the spare room," she turned to close her door again but quickly met his eyes again, "oh and mind the horse posters, tina went through a phase in middle school." she smirked and logan saw a glimpse of h*ll in her eyes before she slammed her door closed.

the blond rested against the wall, duffel bag sliding down his arm and thumping to the wooden floor. he sighed through his nose and reached for the pack of cigarettes in his pocket. his fingers twitched as they brushed against the cool metal tin, quickly removing a cig from inside.

"don't you even think about it, bush!"

his hands curled into tight fists as he chuckled.